· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 163 of 184 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1840

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

3 Not allowed!
    Really nice, Kat. Your tank is always so outrageously CLEAN! Mine always look so...natural. ha ha ha Beautiful work and congrats on the new plants. :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    I agree. Your tanks are always so well-kept and beautiful.

That pantanal definitely struck me as very similar to the angustifolia I grew in so many of my tanks.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

5 Not allowed!
    Thanks very much guys :) I think it's my phone, I was impressed at the pics it takes. That and the 120g was never a natural looking tank. Color morph fish and perfectly planted and placed plants.

I caught my pair of angels doing this last night.

Yay I want to give them their own tank when I have it ready. I have another pair in the 90g. Not exactly the pairings I wanted, but we shall see how it goes.

Lol, I had to sneak up and squat to film this, if the angels see me even from across the room, they are all making for food! I wanted to get the pair doing their thing. I tried to get more of the tank up close, but the other angels saw me below the tank even and were all at the bottom wiggling at my face lol.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    I love that video. I mean, I can honestly say that was amazing to watch. All of the elements, from the plants to the angels to the movement of water, were perfect and beautiful. I loved the glow of the light highlighting the angels and their careful and graceful movements. Watching this video actually brings me peace and happiness :)

Can I share your vid on our FB group?

Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Lol, I had to sneak up and squat to film this, if the angels see me even from across the room, they are all making for food! I wanted to get the pair doing their thing. I tried to get more of the tank up close, but the other angels saw me below the tank even and were all at the bottom wiggling at my face lol.
    This brought a smile to my face. The last time mine spawned, I did the exact same thing for the same reasons; I hunkered down and essentially crawled my way across the living room and had to come up from the bottom to get as close as I dared in order to watch, super paranoid about disturbing them while the rest of the fish are like “FEED ME.”

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Awesome !!!!
    No Cory, No Glory !!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks everyone! I had to watch it again after that! I think odd angles are better for vids and pics. I'll try to put some ambient music to this vid now that I know it's a good one, but I only know how to do it on the PC.
    @BluewaterBoof i'm glad it brought some calm to your day. They are truly amazing animals, I can never get enough.

Unfortunately the eggs were all gone the next day, same as last time. I think it was the other angels because the parents were still together today. This is the first time I saw the parents still half guarding the missing eggs like they were still there. So I had to do a WC because I felt sad for them. Must be the hormones? Anyway, I'll get this pair in a honeymoon suite as soon as I can.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats on all the new plants! Your tank looks so beautiful.
    Thank you for posting these pics. I showed them to the hubs. I like the hygro for his jungle tank. He likes 'the short bushy ones' aka the baby tears. He said he thinks his little neons would enjoy swimming around those. That man loves his little neons.

Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    To add to the excitement, I bought some new plants!

Hygrophila sp. ' Pantanal wavy'

Attachment 56632

Hemianthus umbrosum (Giant baby tears)

Attachment 56633

A pic of the tank today.
    Attachment 56635

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Thank you SMB! It's such a compliment that you shared my pics with the hubs :)

The short bushy plants, I think, is monte carlo. It's a very fast grower and is traditionally used as a carpet plant, but i'm going to try it as an accent stem plant around DW as well. It's a beautiful light green color that didn't show up well under my finnex Ray II. The color is better represented in the LFS pic. I'm happy my pics help inspire ;)

Check it out on this pic
    Monte_carlo_1_24a9d867-dbde-4328-b608-45ccc5a5a1d9_1024x1024.jpeg
    From the net. Look how tiny it is. That's staurogyne in the background!

Hydro used to be called angustifolia, it is an awesome plant!
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 10-13-2018 at 05:39 PM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I'm starting to consider a new light. I like the spectrum a lot and the way it is subdued, but the outdated 0.2 diodes of my RBG fixture are too weak to reach the bottom. The only thing growing the foreground is my accent 18 x 1W 10000k fixture. And it started flickering for 5 mins when it first turns on.

Anyway, I'd like a strong LED to reach the bottom of my 26" deep tank in 48 inches. 60 would be ideal, but I can never find them. But I'd like to keep the RBG spectrum because it really brings out the colors in my fish and plants. I don't want to lose that with a bunch of bright light. I don't believe plants need very much of this green/white light and it only brightens the spectrum. Anyway, I've been considering the Fluval plant 3.0
    https://www.amazon.ca/Fluval-Plant-S...t+light+fluval

With just the RBG 0.2 watt fixture, I can barely grow anything at the back but the amazon swords, which is ok, but I'm wondering what a difference a new fixture could make, or if it was too much. I don't want to use co2.
    -Kat

Page 163 of 184 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast