· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 140 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1840

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats with the trivia contest! - Slaphppy7   Thanks for taking the time with my angel :) - angelcraze2   Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    I haven't been closely following this thread but here are some thoughts.
    I assume that you've made sure that each and every fish has been eating the medicated food? If so, the ongoing worm problems may be a sign that they've developed resistance to the medication. The selection of medicine available to fish hobbyists through retail is unfortunately limited and frequently not very effective. I would try to find a food with a different active ingredient, though you may have to search for specialized outlets or even an exotic animal vet.

Alternatively, there may be other "protozoan" parasites concurrently infecting your fish that are not susceptible to the fenbendazole that you are feeding.

Have you ever taken a dead fish and dissected it to see if you can find any parasites in its gut?
    This is a last resort and I don't know how well it would work out for the average hobbyist, but I have heard of people who own microscopes doing that or also contacting researchers at their local university and getting someone with knowledge to identify whatever is afflicting their fish. It's a long shot because researchers are usually very busy and identifying aquarium fish parasites is by no means a conventional request, but if it works then you'd know for sure what you're fighting.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you so much madagascariensis :)

I have dissected fish, but found nothing, at least, I didn't know what to look for. But the 3rd time I treated with Levamisole, I saw this hanging from one of my old angels
    20180219_180547.jpg
    20180219_180541.jpg

I was told it was a nematode of some sort. I've treated the 120g with Levamisole 5 times (3 times every 2 weeks), and now I'm feeding Fenben. It was suggested to feed Fenben one more time in two weeks.

I'm honestly not sure if the nematode is dead now. I wouldn't say it's an ongoing worm problem, but I wanted to make sure I get it out of my showtank! Fish that I suspect were affected by the worm still look thin and not 100% healthy, but I'm not sure how long it will take them to bounce back once the worms are eradicated. I could barely tell there was a nematode in the first place....internal parasites are not easily recognized and the only symptom I had to go by was wasting. My fish all act normally, but I think I've had this nematode in the tank for years without noticing.

Anyway, I've used metronidazole, Levamisole and now Fenbenzadole in the food. Luckily all my fish went crazy for the Fenben laced food

I have Prazipro, which I'm treating in my other QT tank, but I've been using dewormers in the 120g after I noticed the worms hanging.

I can do Prazipro again in a few weeks after the Fenben if that seems like a good idea.

I don't have access to a university or vet, so I know I'm just guessing, I've been trying hard to figure it out. Thanks very much for all your input, I really appreciate it!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, second Fenbenzadole 3-day food treament starts tomorrow. The link said to do 3 treatments. I know I used Levamisole 3 times every 2 weeks already, so 3 treatments with Fenbenzadole might not be necessary, but I'm treating some tanks with Fenbenzadole only as a preventative, should I dose 3 times to be safe? What about when used prophylactically? 3 times or once?

I'll have to feed the QT Fenben 2 more times regardless since I'm still observing issues prior to the first feeding.

I'm just trying to figure out how much food I need. And if it's ok to feed all the fish 3 treatments of Fenben.

Any influence on fry? My priority is making sure my fish are 100% better, I have a pair of angelfish in a 33g who started caring for their young again, I took this as a sign they are cured, although I realize this is not 100%. I have treated them 3 times with Levamisole and fed Fenben once. Should I feed Fenben two more times anyway? I want to be sure, but don't want to create immunity.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 04-24-2018 at 12:40 AM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    i always follow directions for parasitic treatments for suspected infections

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, 3 treatments every two weeks it will be. Just wanted to confirm so I don't over-medicate. Still learning :)
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

4 Not allowed!
    Extended version in real time of my two angelfish pairs in the 120g with eggs at the same time. Warning, it's a 7+ minute vid.

-Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    They own the tank, lol. You have some active parents that's for sure. BTW the tank looks great
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I started the second Fenbenzadole feeding yesterday. Feed 2 daily for 3 days. I made more Fenben food and the fish loved it as much as the first batch. I added garlic powder later because I forgot it initially. All worked.

A thought about my 120g. I like all the angels in the tank, but I prefer just a little school of 5 or 6. The tank is currently taken over by angelfish and some of my older angels that are used to being on their own don't adjust the best to sharing a tank with others. I don't think my guild pearscale angel is too happy there. She is so incredibly crabby with all the other angels except her big platinum male partner. He's the very skinny angelfish, still skinny, but still acting normal and alive. I really wish I knew how long it'll take to see him gain some weight. Obviously all the angels will be in the 120g as I feed Fenben and one more time in two weeks, but I'd love to give this pair their own tank again. The fact that he's still thin holds me back, and I'd hate to lose him at this point.

Anyone know about how long it takes for a fish to gain weight back? Probably not because it's most likely circumstantial, but I thought I'd ask if anyone has been thru something similar.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I'm feeling pretty down :( I'm worried I may never get rid of these nematodes until all my current fish die and I restart. My male platinum angel is not gaining weight very quickly, not losing though, gaining if anything....

And my blue bulging female angel is still very bloated in the abdomen. Someone said she's probably full of worms. I only have one more treatment of Fenbenzadole left in about a week to do, should I see her go back to normal or is it permanent damage and I don't haves to fret the worm is still there?

Sorry, just feeling really hopeless.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Bummer, Kat. All I can tell you is you're not alone--we've all been there. Hang in there.

T
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 05-02-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Page 140 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast