· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 133 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1826

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by labagility View Post
    I really like the one in your second picture, placed just like that.

My driftwood is so low that I would love to have that height.
    I agree, the DW placement in the 2nd photo is my choice too.

Your pleco is a real handsome guy. What a beautiful color and he does a great job on your tank.

If its spider or mopani it should sink right away so placing it in your tanks now should be OK, the gravel should be able to prop them up if you can push them down into it. The only thing may be additional tannins, and possible changes in territory lines with your angels-but you would know best with that.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Here's a pic from two days ago on top and today on the bottom, both taken with the same lighting

Attachment 54952

It actually doesn't look so noticeable in the pic for some reason, but I really notice it in person. I guess as long as the pH doesn't shift I suppose it's fine while my fish battle the worm parasite?
    WOW, this is stunning, My wife's cousin breeds angels. He has a number of tanks with breeding pairs and they all laid eggs and raising fry

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger
    That is one beautiful and well-fed pleco!
    TY very much, that makes me feel great especially during this worm ordeal :)

Thanks Matt, I was actually trying to get good pics of him. I'm impressed at how orange he is. He glows in the tank, so happy I added him even it was unplanned.

Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl
    Do you think you might be able to use the pots to prop/stabilize them? I don't even know how that would work. Do your pots have bottoms, or have you cut those out?
    Thanks for your idea :) The pots are actually square glass candle glasses I think. They are very heavy. I could always replant the swords though. I'd just like to keep them and the soil contained in a pot so I am able to move the dirt out if I need to, and deep siphon since I need to. I think some gravel wrapped in pantyhose would provide a nice way to keep it in position. I want to scape with these DW pieces so badly, but I'll keep them for when I'm done with this worm thing. Do you think the pieces look good together? I could replace the tall piece in the tank, I just wonder about flow. I'll worry more about it when I'm ready to change things up, but I really value your opinion on DW :)

@Boundava Thank you :) I adore his color as well. The RBG LED really brings out his orange. Not sure why he is so orange. His parents are brown lol. I will for sure position that DW peice like that, whenever I use it.

Thank you @Riyadh :) That's so nice about your wife's cousin. I used to have 3 breeding tanks in addition to angelfish breeding in the large tanks but they have become infected with an internal parasitic nematode, so I'm sterilizing the breeder tanks and moved all the angels to my largest tank to treat them all together.

Must be nice to see all the babies and the parents take care of them, I really do miss that. Did you get any off her to keep? As you can see, I angelfish!!!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Love your idea of using heavy glass pots for your plants in here! Very handy, like you said. It's an idea worth emulating, for sure.

Yes, both of these lovely pieces of dw you have do look quite nice -- together or separate, whichever works for you. I am 100% certain that you will add to your future scape in a way that is both beautiful and what's best for your fish.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    @angelcraze2 not yet, maybe once my tank is setup

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Lol, it's my angelfish! The "juvies" I added in July. They are eating my stargrass, I saw them a few times now picking at the leaves, even ripping the stems out. I'm replanting stargrass twice a day and the leaves are all bitten down. I'm trying to feed veggie more often, but now that I know someone is messing with my stargrass, I may have to try a new plant. The stargrass is growing in fine, nice compact thick growth, but my angels are trimming them all down to stems lol. I tried adding a bunch of stargrass, instead of trying to regrow the little stems I had, so I haven't given up, but at least I know what the issue is now.

The newest thicker growth is new growth in the 120g.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Look at those dainty nibbles, the stinkers.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yep the jerks! Lol!

Who would have thought it would be the angelfish? They must be bored or something, they can't possibly be hungry? Is there a way to deter them? I'm trying the safer in numbers method, but at this rate it'll take me forever to get the nice carpet I had in here.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah hahaha! I don't even think they need much veggie in their diet, I could be wrong though. Anyway, maybe feeding veggie pellets twice or three times a week will help it. I have my doubts, but we will see.

I'm thinking of trying staurogene again and replacing the stargrass for a while if it grows in that deep tank with no co2.
    -Kat

Page 133 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast