· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 126 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1837

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Well crap. The only plants that established are the Vals and rosette swords, but the rosette are planted in pots to prevent them from taking nutrients away from other plants. I believe you, I've seen it happen in my 90g with my hygro rosenervig. I just really liked that stargrass carpet and want it back lol!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Well, if you really want it, I'd say keep trying! If the problem really is that something's munching it, there might be a remedy. If the plants are struggling, then of course you have to figure out why and remedy that. I've never found that to be worth the trouble--I much prefer to work with my conditions rather than against them. Some people enjoy the challenge of getting a specific plant to grow, and I think that's cool. I'm just not one of them. :)

I've never been any good at getting "foreground" or "carpet" plants to grow, and I've tried a ton of them. In my case I'm sure it's because of my low-medium lighting. Most plants only "carpet" in bright light or very shallow water. The closest I've come has been Blyxia japonica in my Angkor tank, and the dwarf sag in the Rainbow tank. That tank is so big that the d.s. actually does look like a foreground. ha ha ha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Haha Tom! Never ever ever!

I totally agree with you! In fact that's something I always did myself (go with what grows) just it's the only stem plant so I feel it's something else besides other plants out-competing. Surely I can grow stem plants in this tank!

Stargrass is not a carpet plant, I just use it as so haha, like your dwarf sag. I have dwarf sag in my 90g in the foreground, it's perfect for the size of the tank. Thanks for your help, I'll go with the flow, if it recovers one day great, if not no big deal Perhaps I could try chain swords or dwarf sag in the 120g. If I get more light, I'd love to grow staurogyne. I would like to stick to SA plants for this tank.

Which fish did you notice eating your plants? I'm very surprised someone is eating the plants that's all. I'll keep watching to see if I catch someone in the act.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    HA HA HA Glad you noticed that.

Yeah, chain swords are great! I removed them from my 55g because they were getting too big. But wow, did they grow. In a 120 they'd look cool, I bet.

I started out with pond-raised goldfish. Those things were huge, and used to finding their own grub outside, and WOW could they eat. They ate four fully-grown amazon swords right down to the roots! I also tried tinfoil barbs. Really cool fish, but again, death on plants. And of course both of those species are a bit big for a 55, so that might have been a factor. Then I kept firemouths, which don't eat plants but dig them up. There are several species I've never tried because of their rep as plant eaters, especially moonlight gouramis. None of your fish strike me as plant eaters, and nerites supposedly never eat healthy plants (though they'll clean up the dead bits, which is why I asked if they're struggling). Weird.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger
    None of your fish strike me as plant eaters, and nerites supposedly never eat healthy plants (though they'll clean up the dead bits, which is why I asked if they're struggling). Weird.
    Well, I don't know if I was clear, but my stargrass has indeed been struggling. It also became covered in diatoms, I believe the Vals were shading them out before I tied them back. I wouldn't be surprised if the nerites cleaned up the dying leaves since the diatom layer was enough to block light and thin the leaves. I just thought diatoms were their preferred food, wish they 'd get to the stuff on the a. swords! I'll give it some more time to grow in nicely HOPEFULLY, growth has been so slow when you're watching lol. I'll try not to examine it everyday
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Yay! I didn't have a chance to WC the 120g yesterday, so I wiped down the sword leaves with a sponge. I was hesitant to do that since I was so concerned it wasn't just diatoms and I knew I'd set some loose into the water. I wiped them down with two arms and brought the sponge out to rinse after every swipe. Good news is the sponge did not smell like cyano

Diatoms look ugly and can return quickly, but I'll take that over cyanobacteria. There was a small patch of cyano at the front glass however, and three or 4 gravel pieces which I removed completely. So cyano still plagues me, but I feel it's controllable with no crazy outbreaks.

WC is today, last Levamisole treatment is tonight.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Yay! I didn't have a chance to WC the 120g yesterday, so I wiped down the sword leaves with a sponge. I was hesitant to do that since I was so concerned it wasn't just diatoms and I knew I'd set some loose into the water. I wiped them down with two arms and brought the sponge out to rinse after every swipe. Good news is the sponge did not smell like cyano

Diatoms look ugly and can return quickly, but I'll take that over cyanobacteria. There was a small patch of cyano at the front glass however, and three or 4 gravel pieces which I removed completely. So cyano still plagues me, but I feel it's controllable with no crazy outbreaks.

WC is today, last Levamisole treatment is tonight.
    Got that right!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Help me PLS

0 Not allowed!
    I did my crazy siphon and large WC yesterday after the 3rd Levamisole treatment Friday night. I found this today. I've noticed she's been hiding her vent with her pelvic fin lately, so it's hard to get a good shot of it.

I really really need some help @Rocksor @madagascariensis @anyone pls!!!!

I have a feeling this is callamanus as suspected earlier when I may have seen evidence of something red/pink at the vent of other fish. At least it's an explanation why I feel something is off if it's it worms.

So upset, I want to cry :( This angel is the last of 4 blue angels I bought off of a local aquarist 4 or 5 years ago. It was two pairs. The first female died within the first 2 years, she became very bloated and developed an abscess or something... it kind of looked like her breeding tube was swollen or a mass falling out. I had no problems again until June of 2017. Lost a male blue angel to wasting and the other male died a month or so ago after the second Levamisole treatment with no visual symptoms.

What do I do now? And when?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 02-20-2018 at 12:37 AM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Wow, Kat, I have no idea. Hope somebody can help you figure it out and save her. The Badgerling was just watching your vid with me and said, "Wow, she's really pretty."

Page 126 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast