· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 125 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1844

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    It's a pleasure that you enjoy them, thank you. I'll go through my photos and see if anything pops out :)
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Well, Idk what's going on, but diatoms are outta control. Good thing I'm WCing today. It's like my tank is starting over again, but no changes in parameters or conditions as far asI can tell. Maybe it's the flourish comp?
    20180214_164141.jpg

Does it look like anything besides diatoms? Like cyanobacteria? It does not have an odor. Maybe earthy if anything.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I placed a nerite snail in the leaf, he crawled over to the reverse side of the leaf and left the 'diatoms' alone Not a good sign

Plus, I think someone is eating my stargrass. It looks like it to me. I am feeding veggie pellets more often in case, I've read GBRs need veggies incorporated to their diet. I've seen my GBR eat a piece of frogbit and saw even the angels pecking at the stargrass. Although they were pecking off the dead algae covered stuff.
    20180214_203501.jpg
    20180214_203512.jpg
    What are others thoughts?
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    That definitely looks like diatoms. Cyanobacteria is usually toxic-waste bluish green, thick, and slimy looking, sometimes blackish, in my experience. Diatoms are reddish brown and sort of a thin, dusty coating. I'm surprised your nerites aren't going to town on it. The good thing about diatom gunk is it usually doesn't last long."

Not sure what's going on with the stargrass, but it sure does look like someone is munching on it. Is it all healthy otherwise, no dead spots or brown/yellow spots?
    Last edited by WhistlingBadger; 02-15-2018 at 03:17 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post
    it sure does look like someone is munching on it.
    Definitely looks like someone had a snack...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Tx Tom, I'm just not sure. It's kindof slimy. But dusty too. I didn't have it like that before I moved the nerites for treating, I thought they'd keep it under control after I cleaned it and returned them, but no. Thanks for taking a look though, I appreciate that. The nerite made a small trail through it when it moved to the underside of the leaf, I'm not sure if it ate some or brushed some off. Not much though. I have noticed a very little bit of cyano in this tank however, got some reason that stuff really pests my tanks. If I'm not careful with feeding, it explodes. I tend to "overfeed" these days since dealing with the wasting cichlids. I can't win, but I'll continue to keep trying.

@WhistlingBadger and @cajunqn81 Yeah, makes sense I have been having trouble with my stargrass. Weird. More veggie for sure, it must be the rams, no one else eats flora or veggie. Or it's the nerites, I just can't remember what my stargrass looked like when they were gone....at one point the lower leaves were covered in diatoms, but it even looks like new leaves are being munched on. I've been having trouble with it the last year or so, it jyst wasn't growing well like it used to. Maybe since I added the GBRs in May. I didn't know GBR would eat plants, makes me want to feed veggies right away, but for 2 more days it's Metronidazole Repashy.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 02-15-2018 at 05:29 PM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah, I wonder if feeding veggie supplements would help. Of course, it could also simply be that star grass isn't working in your tank at the moment. That happens to me all the time, and the more committed I am to wantng a certain plant, the more likely it seems that it will not make it. :) It pays to be flexible. If something isn't working, I try something else. I've also had to abandon several species of fish that I really liked because they were killing off all my plants.

I know what a downer it is when things just aren't working. Hang in there and keep asking the good questions. You'll figure it out. T

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well that's just weird. My stargrass was my best growing plant 2 years ago in this tank. I've noticed plants that do well at one time might die off as new plants get added, competitive exclusion. But I haven't added anything except the Vals took off. I'll keep trying (not too hard) and I'll try to find Brazilian pennywort. I can't think of a stem plant to replace the stargrass...reneikii is a no-go.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    ...reneikii is a no-go.
    See, there's one for me. Reneikii did GREAT in my South American tank for about six months. As the water chemistry evolved and other plants got established, it gradually faded and died out. It happens.

Page 125 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast