· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 123 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1826

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Trial and Error. I'm glad I have this journal to reference if I or someone else runs into the same issue. BTW @cajunqn81 I may have an interesting update for you in "My 33g breeder tank" thread regarding the algae in there. http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...37#post1482337
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

4 Not allowed!
    Another thought about the lack of stargrass growth. Maybe it subsided when I added Amazon frogbit to the tank. Either it blocks too much light or it's sucking too much nutrient out of the water column maybe?

It grows very quickly and I'm forever removing some, but I'm thinking of keeping it even more sparse. I'd also love to grow Brazilian pennywort in here again.

Here's a pic with the Brazilian pennywort once in the tank. So beautiful...
    20171112_013456.jpg
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

1 Not allowed!
    I think I remember seeing somewhere that it's a nutrient sink, but I'm not sure. Certainly something to look into

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

2 Not allowed!
    Yeah, frogbit it crazy. I can trim mine back to about 10 leaves, and in a month it's covered the tank again. Beautiful picture!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    It's awesome as long as you keep it under control, right...?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunqn81 View Post
    It's awesome as long as you keep it under control, right...?
    Exactly. It's easy enough to scoop out, and it keeps the water very low on nitrates. Plus, it's beautiful. What's not to love?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Yep! They make it soo much easier to maintain my 10, it's not even funny

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Well that confirms it. André mentioned that he suspected my water lettuce was pulling too many nutrients out of another tank that is starving for them and since my stargrass has then such a hit and I've started adding ferts again, I think the frogbit might be too much. The nitrates are already 0ppm, so I scooped a bunch away last night. Still a bunch, but a bunch removed. We shall see....

On a side note, my angels are driving me crazy. After I removed frogbit, they were all at the top gulping air again. I added more Prime, but they didn't really stop this time. I'm wondering if they are looking for food amongst the flying frogbit. I guess they'd have to really look to find the food. There was no food, but still. I just don't know why they do this to me! I added more Purigen, now a big wad, and another big WC today.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    They like to keep you guessing

Page 123 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast