· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 101 of 185 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1844

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Agreed, never buy from those guys again.

If I were you, I would keep the water fresh and clean, and wait and watch, like mentioned earlier...what's the worst that could happen?..tear down the tank and start over...it sucks, but not the end of the world, by any means.

Give the newbies and the others the best care you can for now...give them a fighting chance.

I'd do a WC every other day, if it doesn't seem to stress them too much.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

9 Not allowed!
    Update video on the 120g with the newly added juvie angels (a longer one for Larry ;) It's still going ok, although no spawns yet since I added the new angels. I added three phillipine blue juvie angels and one platinum.

I scanned the tank to show the scape, I had to regrow my stargrass because of the repeated overfeeding incident, it had trapped leftover food in it and after that I battled a bit of cyanobacteria, so it's taken a long time to come back since I have to keep ripping it out, but it's getting under control again and starting to rebound nicely. I replanted one of the red ozelot swords, from a glass pot to a netted bag of Eco. I can keep the net covered with gravel by adding the rocks as retaining walls. I couldn't hide the glass pot, and this change hasn't affected the plant. I added two new red ozelot swords, one with a baby-runner. I just planted these in pain substate, a mix of gravel, fluorite and Eco. They seem to be growing the same as the potted swords so far.

I've been adding IALs mostly for the health of the fish, I'm not going for a blackwater look for this tank, but there's is a faint tint to the water that I like. I want to keep it a soft tannin, and although it looks darker in person, it could go a bit blacker...

Here are a few pics as well :)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

5 Not allowed!
    I have never been a huge fan of colored angels--cant beat the naturals imo--but those blues are lovely enough to almost change my mind! Very nice scape, too. Thanks for sharing.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Beautiful tank and fish, Kat
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Your tank and fish are beautiful. I agree, the blue angels are awesome. I am always amazed at the crystal clarity of this tank. Do you also age the water for the WCs in here? I don't see any sign of BBA at all.
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Stunning tank, Kat! I always love seeing it. Just a peek gives off a tremendous calm. I hope you take some time to just sit in front of it and relax.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Finally got a chance to see this, tanks is gorgeous as are the new additions! Love how the angels don't swim, they glide through the water. What did you use to net the Eco in? May go this route for my swords since I am switching to sand.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Love this tank and my favorites - the elegant angelfish. Great scape too.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    TY everyone :) :) :)

@WhistlingBadger When I first got into the hobby, like myself, I was attracted fish that were different hahaha. I first feel in love with glittery "diamond" angels (pearscales), but always loved blue angelfish. The angelfish I still want to keep is the blue pinoy. But I know what you mean by "can't beat the naturals" now that I grow older. This is the first school of angels I've had that (almost) all have vertical black bars, so I think that makes a difference in your eye.

Thank you @Slaphppy7 as always :)

@Silbar Idk why it looks so clear to you, but thank you so much. I do still get brown algae here and there in this tank, but it never had BBA. Like you, I only ever had a problem in one tank, and looking at your pictures, the BBA in my 90g was hands down way more gnarly than in your 20gL . But yes, somehow I age all of my WC water for all my tanks

@RiversGirl You are so sweet, I'm very happy you felt a calm. To be honest, I did go look at my tank during a particularly stressful time last night, and took the vid to relax and escape life for a moment haha.

@Boundava I used netting I found at the $$$ store. If you're going with sand, maybe you could use root tabs for heavy rooters? Or maybe those seedling bags? I'm still looking for a holder that hides well for my nutrients at the bases of swords. Sometimes, as I see with the two newest ozelot swords I added, they grow in the same manner so far just planted straight in a bit of gravel/Eco/fluorite. I would have gone with sand as well if I was seeing the tank up today. It's been going since 2010!

@Sue Thank you so much :) I'm trying to scape with SA plants only, but like my fish, I lean toward the hybrids. I've always loved the magestic angelfish myself ;)
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Agreed, never buy from those guys again.

If I were you, I would keep the water fresh and clean, and wait and watch, like mentioned earlier...what's the worst that could happen?..tear down the tank and start over...it sucks, but not the end of the world, by any means.

Give the newbies and the others the best care you can for now...give them a fighting chance.

I'd do a WC every other day, if it doesn't seem to stress them too much.
    Idk what I wrote on this journal, but the newbies are in a "blackwater" tank in my spare bedroom. All the tetras are doing great! The one without a tail fin had grown it back almost fully :)
    -Kat

Page 101 of 185 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast