· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolf cichlid

Default Wolf cichlid

1 Not allowed!

He's a juvie about 1.5 to 2inches and I have what I think is a female is about 1inch

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   

1 Not allowed!
    That doesn't look like a Dovii. The body looks like it is too tall for a juvenile, it should be longer. It is also missing the characteristic teardrop found in Parachromis genus.

1"-2" juvenile
    Last edited by Rocksor; 04-12-2016 at 04:21 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for giving Sake a chance. - gronlaura   because you took in such a special needs cat. love! - bethyMT   Happy Birthday! - KingFisher   Happy Birthday Jen. - Strider199   Merry Christmas - Cliff   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like a juvie bass of some sort to me.
    3x75 gallons|2x55 gallons|2x50 gallons|3x40 gallons|1x29 gallon|1x10 gallon

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller View Post
    Looks like a juvie bass of some sort to me.
    Well you know the wolf cichlid goes by rainbow bass bc it's shaped like one

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Amber Ale will have to do :-) - Taurus   Congrats on winning POTM! - Silbar   For the nice vid ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on the 2nd spawn. - Silbar   A bit of good luck can't hurt during Irma. Stay safe as possible. - Taurus   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Get another pic maybe its pattern will change but for a juvie it is definitely rounder then usual but it looks to be a cichlid for sure its pelvic fins are a lot longer then a bass.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for giving Sake a chance. - gronlaura   because you took in such a special needs cat. love! - bethyMT   Happy Birthday! - KingFisher   Happy Birthday Jen. - Strider199   Merry Christmas - Cliff   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    I see juvies which look too much like it at the lake where I live for it to be a dovii.

It doesn't have the lateral stripe or teardrop to be parachromis. If it isn't some sort of young bass it is certainly some sort of native species.
    3x75 gallons|2x55 gallons|2x50 gallons|3x40 gallons|1x29 gallon|1x10 gallon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   

0 Not allowed!
    It could be a Central American cichlid hybrid.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

This. Is. SPS!!! - BIO-Linist   Now for somebody to spam you with discus - BIO-Linist   Discus and Beer! - Sandz   Thank you my friend! - JudiJetson   Your "light siesta" suggestion a while back worked wonders last week. Thanks! - ~firefly~   

0 Not allowed!
    Where'd you get the fish from? Was the picture taken right after acclimation?
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spardas View Post
    Where'd you get the fish from? Was the picture taken right after acclimation?
    I got it from the wet spot tropical

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

This. Is. SPS!!! - BIO-Linist   Now for somebody to spam you with discus - BIO-Linist   Discus and Beer! - Sandz   Thank you my friend! - JudiJetson   Your "light siesta" suggestion a while back worked wonders last week. Thanks! - ~firefly~   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Westbrook View Post
    I got it from the wet spot tropical
    Can you get another picture of it for us to see? I'd also send a note to wet spot tropical with the picture and have them confirm.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.