· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   and gift - mommy1   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff   Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199   

2 Not allowed!
    A Redtailed Black Shark is one of my favorites and I have never had one that hurt any tetras he was living with. Just don't get two of any freshwater so called shark or combo. These minnows that look like sharks do not get along with their own type.

Imagine the amount of tetras one could house in this size tank>>>>> Oh the day dreams I'm having.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

1 Not allowed!
    Stop drooling lol, remember it's not your tank lol.

3.5 Gallon Tank = Bella Blue Luna (obtained 5/11/19) - I think a blue mustard female halfmoon

RIP - Helios HM BETTA 03/2016 to 12/31/17

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   and gift - mommy1   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff   Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199   

1 Not allowed!
    Sorry I can't help it Shidohari.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

1 Not allowed!
    At least remember to mop up the drool lol :D

3.5 Gallon Tank = Bella Blue Luna (obtained 5/11/19) - I think a blue mustard female halfmoon

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Congrats!! Nice score

You could try a Rainbow shark (Epalzeorhynchos frenatum) in there, but get a juvenile one after you put the tetras in this could work but be ready to rehome as you never know with these guys and the Redtail as well that Strider mentioned, the rainbow is supposed to be less aggressive.

Be prepared for this sort of behavior in most cases with both species..............

Last edited by steeler58; 04-14-2016 at 03:12 AM.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Good luck with the cycle - Slaphppy7   To the tank of Dreams, sorry it slipped away. - Strider199   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shidohari View Post
    congratulations, also where are you going to put it :D
    It's going in our living room.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Good luck with the cycle - Slaphppy7   To the tank of Dreams, sorry it slipped away. - Strider199   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strider199 View Post
    A Redtailed Black Shark is one of my favorites and I have never had one that hurt any tetras he was living with. Just don't get two of any freshwater so called shark or combo. These minnows that look like sharks do not get along with their own type.

Imagine the amount of tetras one could house in this size tank>>>>> Oh the day dreams I'm having.
    Omg I think I could do a very large amount of neons... like 100+ n not put a dent in it. I know tgey are so small but I love their color! I can't stop day dreaming either! But I'll tell ya what, you can help me stock it by offering suggestions because I have no idea what to get. All I know is that I'd like the fin kids to be mild mannered n get along and colorful for my granddaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    Congrats!! Nice score

You could try a Rainbow shark (Epalzeorhynchos frenatum) in there, but get a juvenile one after you put the tetras in this could work but be ready to rehome as you never know with these guys and the Redtail as well that Strider mentioned, the rainbow is supposed to be less aggressive.

Be prepared for this sort of behavior in most cases with both species..............

Oh look at that meany!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    That's a mean sharkie alright.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats Jane Doe! This will be so much fun for YOU, your daughter and grand-daughter. There's so many options open to you for stocking.

A few sharks, or one is what you are starting with for certainty?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Doe View Post
    I can't stop day dreaming either!
    (...)
    I'd like the fin kids to be mild mannered n get along and colorful for my granddaughter.

What serious fun !!! Enjoy!

A huge mass of neons would indeed look spectacular, agreed! Then too, a huge group of (any of several of the) social fish would be an awesome sight to behold.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast