· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

【ツ】 - korith   With biomedia, the more the merrier! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    It's on the fish, not on the glass. I just can't tell you if they are raised spots or not. It's hiding and I can't get a clear view of it.
    65 Gallon Planted Community: Turquoise Rainbow: 1 Bosemani Rainbow: 1 Kuhli Loach: 6 Rummynose Tetra: 7 Pleaco: 1 Clown Pleaco: 1 Diamond Tetra: 1. Paleatus Cory: 3
    Veil Angel: 1 Clown Loach: 1 Royal Red Doscus: 1

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    Looks to be ich. If so its very likely the others in the tank with develop the spots. You could wait and observe everyone the next few days. Best treatment for ich is heat. Just not sure how the rainbows will tolerate it. Not to familiar with them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yea I finally found him, the spots definitely seem to be raised.
    65 Gallon Planted Community: Turquoise Rainbow: 1 Bosemani Rainbow: 1 Kuhli Loach: 6 Rummynose Tetra: 7 Pleaco: 1 Clown Pleaco: 1 Diamond Tetra: 1. Paleatus Cory: 3

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Don't buy fish with less than perfect flesh.

This is ich.

I personally would simply raise my water to 80degrees at a factor of 2degrees daily until I was there. I'd feed more. and I'd conduct a daily 10% water change detailing the substrate. Amino acids added to the food is helpful.

I like a product like Fish Keeper to boost immune system.

Stick to this it'll probably be a 4-8wk battle you'll win if you stay diligent.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199   Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   Birthday Beer. - gadget228   Sending healing vibes to your Oscar - Silbar   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino   

6 Not allowed!
    raising to 80 degrees alone won't stop the ich. You'd need to go higher than that or couple it with another treatment.

You've basically got three options for treating ich: medication, heat and salt, or high heat. Each has benefits and drawbacks, may be more or less stressful for your fish and your plants. You need to do some research and come up with a plan of action, and you need to do it promptly. People here can answer additional questions about a potential treatment plan.

I just had an ich outbreak in my tank. I detected it quickly and went to work immediately, and it looks like I may get through it without losing any fish. If you don't take action though, it will wipe out a tank.
    300 gallon mega tank: sailfin pleco, clown loaches, silver dollars, roseline sharks, congo tetras, new world cichlids
    125 gallon office tank: Africian cichlids, synodontis catfih
    75 gallon community tank: bolivian rams, black skirt tetras, dwarf neon rainbowfish, corys, harlequin rasboras, otos, bristlenose and bulldog plecos, assassin snails, various shrimp
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for your help. I'm going to raise temp and get meds.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199   Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   Birthday Beer. - gadget228   Sending healing vibes to your Oscar - Silbar   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino   

2 Not allowed!
    Be very careful with raised temperatures and meds. Both deplete oxygen from the water, and combined they may deplete it enough to harm the fish. I wouldn't raise it very high at all if you're adding meds (what temperature is it at now?), and take steps to ensure that you've got good surface agitation. Airstones are good, or if you're using a hang-on-back filter you can drop the water level of the tank a bit so that the filter output splashes extra hard on the way down.
    300 gallon mega tank: sailfin pleco, clown loaches, silver dollars, roseline sharks, congo tetras, new world cichlids
    125 gallon office tank: Africian cichlids, synodontis catfih
    75 gallon community tank: bolivian rams, black skirt tetras, dwarf neon rainbowfish, corys, harlequin rasboras, otos, bristlenose and bulldog plecos, assassin snails, various shrimp
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    My current temp is 78 I was going to go up slowly to 82. I have 2 air stones and a hang on back filter.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A christmas gift to myself.... - Anders247   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   Have this gift, Merry Christmas! - Faded   Merry Christmas! - DebinWhitmore   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   

2 Not allowed!
    I'd raise it to 86.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe