· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: What To Feed

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default What To Feed

0 Not allowed!
    Does it make any difference in water quality to feed frozen (brine shrimp, bloodworms, etc.) instead of flake? And one other question, is it safe to feed frozen every day, or can I skip a day or two between feeding frozen, and feed nothing on those days? I'm just trying to feed the way nature intended. Thank you for your time.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Doesn't affect water quality as long as you don't overfeed.

Those frozen foods are very high in protein, I only feed my fish stuff like that once a week, as a treat.

Most fish need more variety than that
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   Hope you are well man - robflanker   Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   Happy Birthday - mommy1   
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Jaster   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jaster   

0 Not allowed!
    I try to mix my feedings up. I give frozen brine, flake, beefheart, flake, bloodworms, flake. once or twice a month I give them peas as a treat.
    Angel breeder wanna-be

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the forum.  You need some fish on your wall. - WhistlingBadger   Here's another one.  That's more like it. - WhistlingBadger   Congrats for the new fish! - Slaphppy7   Congrats on the fry! - DebinWhitmore   

0 Not allowed!
    I also alternate between flake, frozen and pellets. All depends on your fishes needs, mine require a high protein diet.
    255 Gallon African Cichlid Altolamprologus Compressiceps Gold Head, Neolamprologus Multifasciatus and cyprichromis Leptosoma Mamalesa
    37 Gallon community
    10 Gallon betta
    75 Gallon in progress

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Easter and thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thank you for the Endlers!!! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   We miss you, Deb. - WhistlingBadger   

1 Not allowed!
    I alternate also for the majority of the fish in the tank. All fish except Cory's get flakes 80% of the time and those flakes vary. The rest is frozen food like bloodworms, shrimp, brine shrimp and sometimes freeze-dried bloodworms. Then there's the pellets for the Cory's. Use sinking wafers, algae wafers and just added carnivore pellets. Of course the other fish also go down to eat the pellets and I'm sure the Cory's get flakes that fall too.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    My fish get NLS Pellets about 3x weekly. Spirilinia Brine Spring Frozen 1x weekly. Mysis Shrimp 1x Weekly. Seaweed Extreme 2x Weekly. Lots of fasting too...