· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A "cool icon" for a "cool kid" - Slaphppy7   No Message - pRED   No Message - pRED   Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58   

Default Water Department Issue?

0 Not allowed!
    Read here at AC about issues with water department practices that called for NOT changing water when something? was going on.

he utility department here was out today running hoses down two adjacent meters. They had tank with colored liquid pumping perhaps something into are water lines. I rinsed my mouth out at faucet, and smelled-tasted strong chemical. I filled a bottle for testing later.

Is there a WD practice I should be aware of, and when NOT to change water in my tanks??
    Ricky

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Well, not sure what they were up to, but I certainly wouldn't do any WC's for a few days.

Call them and ask what was up, maybe?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    If they are working on a water line, they will reroute or shutoff the water to residents. When new sections are added in or repaired, colored water is pumped into the line to see if there are any leaks to the new or repaired sections. Typically, they will flush that line out with clean water afterwards so that residents do not get the colored water at home.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A "cool icon" for a "cool kid" - Slaphppy7   No Message - pRED   No Message - pRED   Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Water department said tank was filled with water. I told them it was not because it was red. They said that was anti-freeze agent added to water! and they were jus checking valves.
    A second meter was added a year ago between me and neighbor, and was told it was needed to backflush the line since we are on a dead end line.
    **Turned on all the faucets, ran for several minutes and the water turned reddish-brown just like the water that was coming out of faucets in Flint Michigan!!
    Now they are headed out!
    Ricky

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys. They came out and are know flushing the line and are leaving it to flush overnight. Water should be back to normal by morning.
    Ricky

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear it will be normal by morning for you. I hope you have some bottled to drink and cook with tonight. It's really too bad they didn't give you a few minutes warning -- you could fill up containers and such.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    That's a relief!.....good thing today wasn't WC day...
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Oh but it was slap. Long overdue one to boot!
    Ricky