· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the laugh! - BluewaterBoof   Congratulations on the return! - AmazonJoe   Thank you for your inside and suggestions - Silbar   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   You need one more for the 17ft tank lol - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pariss View Post
    !!! lol no :( I saw a post... well your post lol with them and looked them up because they're really cool and saw a meme with this picture. I thought the text on it could be better so i made a different one up haha. I'm still a newbie so I just have cory cats and two shrimp hahaha. Maybe one day i'll get an angler and a gobi with a shrimp sidekick.
    Just make sure they go in different tank or the goby will be angler food, lol.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your patience with a fish-in cycle. - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spardas View Post
    Just make sure they go in different tank or the goby will be angler food, lol.
    oh! right lol good information right there haha. Will have to remember that in the future

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    It's absolutely fine to add a shrimp or a watchman goby to the tank without each other. You can add the shrimp first, goby first, or both of them at same time. Eventually the goby will always find the shrimp.. Your shrimp will be safer and build burrows quicker if it is pre-paired with a goby. Without the goby it may only build one small burrow and post up until the goby is able to find it.

It is 100% normal and expected for a new watchman goby added to the tank to begin to create burrows of hisself so he can feel comfortable in his territory. Their territory is always under rock in the sand. The blind pistol shrimp is able to expand these burrows deeper for them both to live in symbiotically.

I have even seen the pair allow other gobies such as golden head gobies share their burrow. Even a firefish..