· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunqn81 View Post
    Oh dear... Fingers crossed...
    I've nixed the pearl for this tank.
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

0 Not allowed!
    So just the sunsets & corys? Or is there something else in there I'm forgetting...?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    This tank also has green neons, embers, dwarf pencil fish, otos and both bararas maculatus and naevus, in addition to the corys and TL sunsets.
    (which is why I am getting maxed out on stocking levels)
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Cool! I think my brain's just shorting out...too much shopping today...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I am having an issue in this tank all of a sudden and would like any thoughts, suggestions, etc.

This tank has been stable for a very long time. It is moderately planted, has two AC50 filters and a Cobalt 25w heater set at 76*. The tank has Ember tetras, green neons, dwarf pencil fish, otos, 2 sunset TL gouramis (a pair) , a small school of boraras naevus, and a few habrosus cory. Last Wed I added 7 Panda cory from TWS.

Problem: all of a sudden I start having dead fish. On Sunday I found a pencil fish and a neon stuck on a ss mesh pre-filter cover and another neon dead in the plants.. I checked the temp and it was 75.4 (we did have a very cold night and the house heater was not turned on). I raised the temp to 78*. Checked the water parameters: pH 7.4-7.2, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 5 nitrates (consistant to what it usually is) .
    On Monday I found another dead neon. Did a 60% WC (last WC was last Tuesday). Last night I noticed a neon swimming funny at the surface but when I would get closer to the tank it would go off swimming.

This morning I found a dead pencil fish and a neon. Checked the temp it was 77.5 I turned the heater back down to 76*. Parameters are the same .

I have had the neons for 3 yrs and the pencil fish for 2 yrs. The only thing I did differently was to add some Prozipro the day after the Panda corys arrived. I did also add 1/2 of an IAL.
    All the other fish look good.

What might be going on???????
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Oh no, so sorry to hear of these sudden losses.

They seem to coincide with the addition of the new fish, but no idea what the problem may be....the new corys seem fine?
    @Rocksor, have a look when you get a chance, please
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

2 Not allowed!
    Many possibilities

The cories could be carrying some sort of bacteria that it is immune to.

The cories are stressed and releasing toxins into the tank, those nearest to the cories would be affected.

The combination of prazipro and IAL could be causing a reaction to some fish

The combination of prazipro and IAL could be reducing amount of oxygen content in the tank (cories would be less affected because they can gulp air).

The cories could be "spiking" fish that get too close. (they are already antsy in a new environment)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    Many possibilities

The cories could be carrying some sort of bacteria that it is immune to.

The cories are stressed and releasing toxins into the tank, those nearest to the cories would be affected.

The combination of prazipro and IAL could be causing a reaction to some fish

The combination of prazipro and IAL could be reducing amount of oxygen content in the tank (cories would be less affected because they can gulp air).

The cories could be "spiking" fish that get too close. (they are already antsy in a new environment)
    I thought about the toxins so that is also why I did the WC. I also removed the IAL yesterday before doing the WC.

I just got back from my walk and there is now another green neon gasping at the bottom of the tank. I now have the lights out and when I get back home this afternoon from a dr appt I will do another WC or should I just leave the tank alone and not stress the fish any more with the WC?
    Last edited by Silbar; 10-23-2018 at 04:42 PM.
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Oh no, so sorry to hear of these sudden losses.

They seem to coincide with the addition of the new fish, but no idea what the problem may be....the new corys seem fine?
    @Rocksor, have a look when you get a chance, please
    So far it has only affected the green neons and pencil fish. All corys, otos, embers, etc are doing fine as far as I can tell.
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast