· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 242 of 245 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 2450

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

because you are going to need it with the new baby - Hockey nut   Thanks for the rep! Sorry about your losses :( - Silbar   I love your new butterfly garden1 - Silbar   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    We went to the LFS for a few cherry barbs and saw these. Really neat looking, active fish. If they hadn't just come in today we might have brought some home. Does anyone keep these?
    http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species...aenia-praecox/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

because you are going to need it with the new baby - Hockey nut   Thanks for the rep! Sorry about your losses :( - Silbar   I love your new butterfly garden1 - Silbar   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   

4 Not allowed!
    Good morning!

It's been a while, I know. I need to make a few changes to my signature - not a lot of changes, but it's been a long time since my last update and some fish have come and gone.

I've been busy (who isn't?) and just haven't been able to spend a lot of time online. With school, keeping the house together, preteen struggles (ugh), excessive nightly homework (again, struggles), karate, softball... it's been a long school year. It's certainly no more than most people do. I just had a really tough time with it all.

After much back and forth I decided that I won't be going back next year to the preschool. It was a lot of work. A LOT of work. I enjoyed - loved - working with the kids. The staff was wonderful and the parents were great. It was just more outside work than I want to be doing at this stage of my life. Planning lessons and prepping projects and running around collecting supplies. Even at the preschool level, teaching is hard work and time consuming. I just didn't feel like I was "present" at home. If I wasn't working on a lesson, I was thinking about and stressing over a lesson. Heck, on our trip to visit my mother, I spent a couple hours with a beekeeper, just so I could prepare myself for a lesson on bees! (it was interesting and I don't regret going, but, it was my Easter break) I know that starting out teachers have a learning curve, and need a few years to get their supplies and their "acts" together. And that makes perfect sense, BUT I'm not a young teacher starting out. When I look ahead a few years I see my retirement age, so, what would I be working towards? A career in preschool, in my late 50's? I have offered to be available as a substitute and I think that will suit me better. I can be in the classrooms and enjoy the kids without taking the work home with me every day. That should work much better. And since I can sub as a teacher, an assistant, and for the Director when necessary, I should be pretty busy doing what I want to do.

So, work was pretty consuming for me this year. Everything else is going fine. Softball season has been mostly rained out so far. I think the girls were able to get in one practice before their games started. None of the teams are playing to their potential. When one after another game is rained out, they kind of lose their interest and mojo.

We are up to our ears in frogs! The original tank holds 3 adult ADFs. The second tank has 10 young ADFs, and the breeder box in the 2nd tank holds 12 tadpoles. And those tadpoles are thriving. I discovered a baby brine shrimp food from Amazon that the tadpoles can eat. It saves me all the work of hatching them. And the tads are thriving on it. Don't ask me what we'll do with 25 frogs. I don't have an answer!

K is asking for a hamster. Actually, she's been asking for a hamster for years. And for years I've said no. Last week she asked for a hamster in a persuasive Power Point presentation. I'm ready to say yes, but Daddy is hesitant. He hasn't given her an answer yet. I'm ready with a cage and accessories I saw on Craigslist (I told the seller I'm interested, but don't pass up another offer) if he gives in.

How is everyone (if you were participating in that thread) doing with exercise and diet? I've started over again after a year of stress eating. I'm following a new plan I found - which isn't much different from other plans I've been able to follow but it's a different name with some different twists to keep me motivated.

I am really looking forward to a not-too-busy summer. After 3 days next week at the preschool's summer camp (I'm filling in for a teacher who had to go out of own) I'll be unemployed.

How are YOU?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    It is so nice to hear this update in your goings-on. You have been busy this past school year!! I'm very happy for you that you've made decisions that will allow you to live the way you wish, going forward. Those weren't simple choices, but I'm delighted for you to have them sorted out. Nice work, there!

That's a lot of frogs! Congrats on your successful nursery. Hopefully you might be able sell or donate to your LFS.

I've got to get for a few minutes, but wanted to leave a note to you, to say hiya! Glad you are about!
    I will look forward to seeing your tank and hearing about all the stock changes soon.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Got some video...

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Very nice
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Young ADFs and new tadpoles

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish & Bird Kid View Post
    Got some video...
    You've got a lively, colorful tank that is full of interest and variety. That attribute hasn't changed. Great job! Thanks for inviting us in for a peek.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Your LFS won't take them off of your hands?

You probably already answered that before...
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Your LFS won't take them off of your hands?

You probably already answered that before...
    They would if I asked them to, but we're sort of attached to them. More than the 10 will probably be too many, though.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah, and they're not going to stop breeding anytime soon, I would guess
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Page 242 of 245 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244 ... LastLast