· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default Oh no! Prolapse?

0 Not allowed!
    Testing: can you see this pic?

Her ovipositor had been out like that for months! She does not have a male partner. Must she lay her eggs? She still eats well, her colour is good, what is this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Added info: She was in a smaller tank with a male I just put her with, (meaning they were not a pair, but she was gravid) and they had one spawn, ate the eggs, but her breeding tube remained like that after the spawn. The male angel became aggressive with her at this point, so I moved them both back into their original 120g aquarium. The male took back his first female partner, another blue female. The female angel in the pic was left all alone when her first male partner (also a Philippine Blue) choose a new platinum female partner in the 120g. Since she became gravid, with no partner, I just gave her another random male to lay the eggs. This is the result :(
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 01-12-2016 at 09:56 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the laugh! - BluewaterBoof   Congratulations on the return! - AmazonJoe   Thank you for your inside and suggestions - Silbar   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   You need one more for the 17ft tank lol - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Yes, if she is heavy with eggs, she will lay them. They will lay eggs without a partner.

Should be fine if all else is good? Have you seen the eggs?

Edit: Just saw the update. So she is in her own tank now?
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    She is now in a 120g community tank with 7 other angels and 17 tetras. But none of the males seem to want to hook up with her :( There are 5 females and 3 males in the tank, but the males stick to their own ladies. There are two females without partners. I have more tanks to move them around in, including four 33g breeding tanks. I just don't know what I should do for her. I was thinking of placing her in a 90g with juvie angels?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Oh ya, and she is the blue-ist of my blue fish and really want to keep her and find her a partner!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   Hope you are well man - robflanker   Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   Happy Birthday - mommy1   
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Jaster   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jaster   

1 Not allowed!
    She'll lay eggs when shes ready. The moving around and new tank mates might be confusing her a bit but she'll come around. It will probably take her a little while to pair up again. If she does lay the eggs she'll probably eat them even if she does start swimming around with a new male. How old is she? Has she laid eggs before? If she's still young and this is her first round then she might just be still trying to figure out what to do. Just keep an eye on her. as long as she's eating, popping, and swimming normally shouldn't have anything to worry about. I've had a few females plump up like balloons on me.
    Angel breeder wanna-be

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok thanks! I bought her as a pair, actually two pairs off a fellow aquarist. I don't think he saw any eggs in his 75g tank, but of the four blue fish he had, 2 were female and two male, and they seemed to pair off in his tank. When I introduced them to my 120, the female in question's partner dumped her and hooked up with a platinum female and they are parent-raisers (still together in a breeding tank). She was left all alone in the 120g and never paired up with any other male, even when I tried to force it, I mean, they did not make a good couple at all.

She is just over a year old to a year and a half. I only saw her lay eggs once in one of my breeder tanks.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 01-13-2016 at 01:26 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   Hope you are well man - robflanker   Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   Happy Birthday - mommy1   
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Jaster   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jaster   

2 Not allowed!
    That's some I've seen a few times. Even though they might be swimming together doesn't actually mean they are mates. Until there are eggs in the mix between nothing is set in stone. lol I've found "arranged marriages" don't work very well either.
    Angel breeder wanna-be

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Just give it time and try not to stress the fish. They will eat the eggs if they feel like they can't have a good chance of living.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks all very much. I was really worried there was a major problem. I've had angelfish for more than 10 years myself, and never saw the ovipositor out that much for as long as it's been. But everything members are saying makes sense and I appreciate the help tremendoudly! I care too much about my fish, lol.

I have seen a female hold to her eggs, this time there were free-swimmers in the tank, (she just wouldn't lay them with the previous spawn still present in the aqurium). When she finally laid her eggs, (I had to remove the babies and put them in their own aquarium) the eggs were no longer viable, they would not stick to the Amazon sword leaf (which was always their spawning site pick), they just fell to the substrate and he could not fertilize them. She was only 12 days overdue, but she was soooo fat, she had an incredibly bulged belly until she laid her eggs.

Going back to miss Blue, I just have a small worry about obstruction, I don't know how it works exactly, but does she hold a risk of becoming egg bound? Is that where the advice of "as long as she's eating and pooping" cane from?

Maybe she IS egg bound-poor girl.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 01-13-2016 at 06:01 PM.