· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    I will roll with the advise given. I'd love to find her a mate, but until then, I'll watch her closely. (Watch for her to poop lol!)

Now that I know my pics are working, here's one to show her belly.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Nvrmnd, I couldn't get the pic to upload.

Anyway, thanks for all the prompt help and responses/second opinions.....this forum is the best!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    And Jastor, I always wanted to say this...I Love your signature. I guess that makes me an angelfish breeder wanna-be,....wanna-be, LOL!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   Hope you are well man - robflanker   Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   Happy Birthday - mommy1   
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Jaster   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jaster   

1 Not allowed!
    lmao Thanks! Funny thing is that it happened by accident. Got a few really nice koi angels and they laid eggs, I actually got my first set to hatch and decided to save them. I had a 30g that I wasn't using so put the fry in there. 100 angels grow fast... grabbed 2 55's at a yard sale. When they started to grow I had a ton of people asking for them and offering me money! meanwhile more eggs show up. I contacted the LFS around me and they all like them too and offered me money. Ok maybe something to this. So the pair got the 30 to themselves and I started letting the fry stay there until the next set of eggs showed up. Then I noticed two more pairs hooking up in my main tank. Not enough tanks to keep up... grabbed 2 more 30g and every yardsale 10g for fry, 30g for pairs, 55g for grow out I could find. 15 tanks later.... So trust me here, be careful on wanting to be an angel breeder wannabe! it's expensive! lmao...
    then there's the brineshimp factory and never ending water changes... lol
    The worst part is I need a lot more tanks to do this the way I want to.
    Angel breeder wanna-be

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Lol! I hear ya! I have 11 tanks already (ranging from 5g to 120g) and that's enough for me. I have to TRY to downsize my stock. It's true though, home-bred angelfish (if you have the tank space) are always so much better looking and healthier than those shipped (well, I'm in Canada, that's a long trip in a bag!) Especially koi! They are hot on the market!

It all started by accident for me too, then I got intetested in genetics, the learning never stops!
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 01-13-2016 at 07:18 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   Hope you are well man - robflanker   Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   Happy Birthday - mommy1   
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Jaster   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jaster   

0 Not allowed!
    See you're on your way! lmao Everytime my wife said downsize a new tank or fish appears... funny how that works.
    A lot of the stores I've talked to want home grown angels for exactly the reason you mentioned. I also don't inbreed my angels so I get a nice healthy quality. Many of the stores have told me they cant find quality healthy angels and when they do it's pretty much only silvers. I have red koi's and redtop marbles so people around here go nuts for them.
    I have 6 55's and 4 30's and 5 10's for angels now but I'm in the slow process of converting my basement to a breeding ground. My goal is 24-30 55g and 6 30g sets of pairs. That will give me 4-5 55's per pair.
    Angel breeder wanna-be

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Wow! My downsizing nagging comes from my hubby tho! I have 4 x 33g breeding tanks, and a 90g for a grow out tank. I have smaller tanks for shrimp and EB rams, and also for my artificially raised angelfry (when a pair decide not to be parent-raisers and I really want to raise their little ones).

All the unpaired (not laying eggs) adults get swapped into the 120g. Lol, that tank IS a bit chaotic at the moment, like you say, Miss Blue must be having a hard time figuring things out.

I'm going for four good pairs. I'm stuck on the blue strain right now, that and my old gold marble pearscale line, which although the parents are related (not siblings), they are wonderful parents and I've only seen one genetic issue so far: a missing ventral :( (common for the pearlscale gene). Their original parents have passed on....old age.

It's always nice to hear about other people's set ups. Thanks for the info!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I know this is an old thread, but I found this that is almost exact to what happened to my blue girl, so I thought I'd document a link here for reference.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=91104
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat