· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

a gift as a thank you for adding me as a buddy! - *Sarah*   Congrats on the new fry :) - *Sarah*   *kicks* :P - Drumachine09   Just because! - 2manyfish   Have a great Birthday! - CAF   
    Childhood Cancer - squirt_12   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - squirt_12   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - squirt_12   

0 Not allowed!
    yes you can always use the same pair.

my 3rd time breeding mine...as soon as i put them int he tank...the next morning (about 6 hours later) they were wrapping...they are now a breeding pair.....so your will be a breeding pair now.

well thats a good thing that he female is putting them into the nest.

the first timet he male might ignore the nest (because the male is supposed to take care of the eggs) and the eggs might be infertile (not fertilized) the first couple of time. and when they (and if they) hatch the first time the male may eat them.

you leave the male in the tank until th efry are free swimming.

what temp. is the tank at??

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Is there any chance that the female could raise the eggs?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

a gift as a thank you for adding me as a buddy! - *Sarah*   Congrats on the new fry :) - *Sarah*   *kicks* :P - Drumachine09   Just because! - 2manyfish   Have a great Birthday! - CAF   
    Childhood Cancer - squirt_12   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - squirt_12   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - squirt_12   

0 Not allowed!
    um....i doubt it...but if the male is ignoring them....they may still survive....but they have a better chance of growing fungus...if you are brave...then you could take the male out and keep the female in there to protect them...but she may eat them...and when they hatch she might eat them too.

do you have fod for the fry??? if the eggs hatch???

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    yep. i've got an insuforia culture. it's not the food i'm worried about...

but if this attempt doesn't work out, do you think that the next time i try to breed them the male will pay attention?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    honestly...i don't know.....it just depends on the male....if he doesn't this time then i don't think he will the next time....but the eggs CAN hatch on their own but fungus might attack them. but he might...when they are done spawning then take the female out and leave the male...in there by himself he may take care of them.

it all just depends.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    The female is bringing all the eggs up to the top and making sure that they don't fall. Like, she's doing an AMAZING job. Would it be too far fetched to try and leave the female in there instead of the male?

Because he's just eating the eggs.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    yeah go for it....if the female is taking care of them then i would leave her in there...and take the male out when they are done. But when the fry are free swimming....at that point take out the female and leave the fry in the tank.

what size is the tank??

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    hey please let us all know what happens, my daughter is really interrested... and all the luck to ya

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by greendragon
    hey please let us all know what happens, my daughter is really interrested... and all the luck to ya
    you should introduce yourself in the 'indroduction' section

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    how are they doing?????