· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the fry! - Slaphppy7   A friend for your pleco. - Slaphppy7   

Default i almost killed my pleco

0 Not allowed!
    Yep... i almost killed my pleco... i was checking bulbs in fixture and left lid open... so when i came back at home and was going to feed fish i saw him on floor (( poor fish... he was upside down and i actually thought that he is dead... then i saw his is breathing... i was too scared and asked husband for help... so he took him and put him back in tank... and in couple of hours i saw he started to move... he has some scratches on fins and i saw red spot on tail ((
    it was 2 days ago... so far he looks almost like always... but swimming slowly and staying at same place for long time and i didnt see him eating yet... will try to check again...
    hopefully he will feel better soon enough (((
    he is almost 4 yo and 9 in long... but still growing...

please please dont make same mistake and keep lids closed!!

his photos few days ago
    DSC02102.jpg

and this one from yesterday

K1600_DSC02306.JPG

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    He is very handsome. I hope he continues on his road to recovery. It sounds like you found him right away.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    he spent at least 5-7 hours at floor ((( but he is big and strong so i hope he'll be fine......
    my husband said he heard noise at 2-3 pm and i came back home at 9 pm (((

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Wow...what an ordeal...have you had him for 4 years, or is that an estimate of age?

We're lucky our catfish can breathe air for certain amounts of time and survive....

Hope he makes a full recovery for you
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    i bought him 4 years ago and he was 1in long... so i think he was like couple of months old ) i have 2 of them - 2nd a little bit smaller... i think ~8in and more dark brown
    he was my 1st fish in US )))

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    He's been through quite an ordeal, I think if it were me I'd darken the tank and minimize activity and light in the room the tank is in, as well

It would not hurt to increase flow in the tank, turn filters up and run a bubbler if you have one

Might help with gas exchange, and give him some O2 to absorb through the water, instead of his room, lol

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    after we put him back... actually i still dont know if it "he" or "she" )) i googled what to do after your fish fell out from tank... mostly people said they found just dry dead body ((
    anyway... someone said - dont put it directly in tank - put him in QT tank, but wash fish before and make sure its breathing... i just thought... WHO??? will remember to do all that??? i just knew - put him back as fast as you can!! i was just so shocked (((

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    I can't imagine, with a fish that size, and for how long you've had him, the panic that would have caused for me.

I'd have put him/her quickly back into the tank, just as you did...

I do hope he recovers quickly, with no long term issues related to this .

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    thank you )
    i just realize that i love my pooping machine )))

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Easter and thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thank you for the Endlers!!! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   We miss you, Deb. - WhistlingBadger   

2 Not allowed!
    Wow, that's is quite a story! I hope he is just fine and makes a full recovery.