· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    With the AC's, you don't want to "change" the media, you want to rinse it in old tank water, keep wet, and re-use...that's where your BB (beneficial bacteria) colony is growing

By "media", I mean the sponge and the ceramic balls
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the AC! - Slaphppy7   we never stop learning in this hobby - SeaLady   Hang in there, treasure awaits in the end - Jwfish13   Good luck with the interview! - Slaphppy7   Because chocolate always makes things better - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Many of the nano fish would work, but like I say, it's a crapshoot with a single male betta...there as many betta personalities as there are betts themselves!

Tetras are one of the most hardy fish you can keep, in an established cycled tank, but neons and cards need a bit more room than a 10G can provide...not sure I'd try ANY tetra in a 10G
    Yeah, take it from me, even my itsy-bitsy neons now surprise me at times with their size. I couldn't imagine this group of 10 in a 10 gallon.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a Squid! - AmazonJoe   I see you are a fan of mollusks too. Have an octopus. - Anders247   

2 Not allowed!
    and yes, i had a large mystery snail for a long time. then i put him with my tiger barbs. i think they starved him or poked at him to death. i felt terrible. :( i have two nerite snails and they are awesome. i want a spiked one. but they are TINY...
    Squid

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a Squid! - AmazonJoe   I see you are a fan of mollusks too. Have an octopus. - Anders247   

0 Not allowed!
    ok. thats all i had done. and i thought i was cheating! so i only really change the carbon?
    Squid

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    You don't need carbon, stash it away for other things that may arise.

Use the extra space in your filter for more media.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the AC! - Slaphppy7   we never stop learning in this hobby - SeaLady   Hang in there, treasure awaits in the end - Jwfish13   Good luck with the interview! - Slaphppy7   Because chocolate always makes things better - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Really, if she could live with a betta and a snail, that would be very easy, especially since you can't keep an everyday eye on the tank...mystery or nerite snails are pretty cool, haven't met a child yet who doesn't like them

I'm raising a 5G full of mysterys right now to sell, if you were close you could stop by and grab a few

Here's a few of the babies (pea sized) in the 5G

Attachment 44695

Here's one of the purple beauties from that same tank, growing up fast in my 10G

Attachment 44696
    Hah, I was actually going to say, why don't you send me a couple?

Don't judge me but I'm considering reworking the "prison" that my gourami is in(I'm going to rehouse the poor thing) into a betta paradise. Thinking about dropping about 30 bucks on one of the Dragon Tail variety my LFS has currently.

...It's such a gorgeous blood red. I instantly wanted it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUiDSaGiRL420 View Post
    and yes, i had a large mystery snail for a long time. then i put him with my tiger barbs. i think they starved him or poked at him to death. i felt terrible. :( i have two nerite snails and they are awesome. i want a spiked one. but they are TINY...
    Yeah, I've seen TBs I once owned harass snails. You really can't put a whole lot with them with certainty that they will do fine.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    and on that note, i used the old sponge in my 20 gallon and shoved it into the filter for my daughters 10gallon. and used the one from the dead filter in the 20.
    Squid

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    man.. i am such a forum noob. sorry it makes it very confusing on what im talking about hahaha i just realized there is a reply with quote. LOL...
    Squid

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    With the AC's, you don't want to "change" the media, you want to rinse it in old tank water, keep wet, and re-use...that's where your BB (beneficial bacteria) colony is growing

By "media", I mean the sponge and the ceramic balls
    and on that note, i used the old sponge in my 20 gallon and shoved it into the filter for my daughters 10gallon. and used the one from the dead filter in the 20.
    dead filter came from 30gal hex i have. after it died i made a water bottle filter for a while. then just moved things around and drained it.
    Squid

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast