· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Happy Friday, Deb! - BluewaterBoof   Thanks for the nice compliment on Spardas's thread ;-) - steeler58   Good luck with the testing! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Your angels are pretty, I am fond of them and have had them in the past. They will have lots of room to grow in the 55. Nice.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Almost done with cycle! - BluewaterBoof   Congrats on the cycle! - Slaphppy7   congrats on your new plants - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Hello Everyone it's been a while.

So just a quick update everything is going great the the 55 everyone and everything is still alive and very healthy. I am doing weekly water changes with the rest of my tanks and I tested my water this passed Saturday and everything is perfect. I did add Seachem's Purigen to my canister filter and I bought a cheap (and loud) circulation pump that I am looking to replace very soon as the tank is in my room and is very annoying to sleep with. the only fish I have added is 3 clown loaches and I have to say next to the angelfish might be my favorite fish ever I love their personalities and I will be looking to add maybe 1-2 more as I know they have the potential to get very large. I added a few pictures of the fish but I could not get the loaches to make an appearance if I catch a pic I will add. My plans with this tank now are to fill it with plants I bought a bunch of jungle val for background plants and am going to purchase some crypts in the future. I also what to add a couple more angels and maybe some corys still but thats it for now, thanks again for all the help.
    Last edited by firefighter1804; 01-26-2016 at 05:46 AM.
    20 Gallon
    15 Gallon column planted
    5 Gallon Planted
    55 Gallon

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Almost done with cycle! - BluewaterBoof   Congrats on the cycle! - Slaphppy7   congrats on your new plants - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    20 Gallon
    15 Gallon column planted
    5 Gallon Planted
    55 Gallon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   Have a beer for 5,000 posts ;-) - steeler58   Closest thing I could find for a gold star. - Taurus   Gold Star for that one! - RiversGirl   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Your tank is coming along nicely!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For being fish-fan friendly! ;) - Rue   Beer mug for ya - Jaster   No Message - Gar   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Thanks for the reputation - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    looking good

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the AC. - Slaphppy7   A cory to get you started! - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   Another cory never hurt! :P - AmazonJoe   Yet another pleco to deal with, lol - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Yes, your tank is looking good.

When the clown loaches settle in and get a little size, you'll see why they deserve the name "clowns" - it's not just about their coloring. You'll have no trouble getting pictures because every time you approach the tank they'll be at the front glass like this: . (Well, not quite, because they'll be twisting all around each other, too. But I couldn't find a "tornado of fish" smiley.) It's no wonder that the big ones you see in photos always look fat, because they are so good at begging for food!

Clown loaches are happier and display more interesting behavior in a larger group, but when stocking you have to consider the eventual bio-load. Even with the three you already have - not to mention the 1-2 more you're considering - they are eventually going to generate a lot of waste. You'll need to keep a close eye on your water quality as they age.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles with your dogs.  Best wishes hoping your other dog fully recovers. - angelcraze2   I'm sorry for your loss of Maggie - Silbar   No Message - Hockey nut   Congrats on the baby Dupe - Silbar   No Message - ApistoJoe   

2 Not allowed!
    Very pretty angels. They're one of my favorite fish. Unfortunately, I only have one because that's all I have room for in the tanks I have. Like you've seen with yours, they do have some personality. While many of my fish dart to the back of the tank when I approach, the angel greets me almost like a puppy.