· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Cool Senegal Bichir & Friends

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Guys!

I just changed over from gravel to sand on my 90 Gallon and I'm so excited to put in my new stock. I have kept my 6 Silver Dollars from my old tank and want to add to it. My list is as follows and I need your guy's feedback on bio-load and compatibility? Thanks!

- 1 or a pair of Severum
    - 6 Silver Dollars
    - 1 Rafael Catfish
    - 1 Senegal Bichir

---Fluval Fx5 and 404 running on the 90g

**Please let me know if there is any other options / additions with this stock.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Amber Ale will have to do :-) - Taurus   Congrats on winning POTM! - Silbar   For the nice vid ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on the 2nd spawn. - Silbar   A bit of good luck can't hurt during Irma. Stay safe as possible. - Taurus   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds good.

my only concern with the raphael and the senegal unless the you get the Raphael at max size. or if the senegal is a juvenile.

Also what type of hood are you going to use?

Any rocks and DW?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    I am inheriting the raphael from a friend who is getting rid of his tank. I would say he's a good 3 inches. I have a medium sized driftwood centerpiece with rocks scattered around to form caves. The hood is a glass canopy with an LED light and using a plastic border to cover the 2 inches the glass does not cover. I have heard the bichir are escape artists. Thanks!!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Amber Ale will have to do :-) - Taurus   Congrats on winning POTM! - Silbar   For the nice vid ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on the 2nd spawn. - Silbar   A bit of good luck can't hurt during Irma. Stay safe as possible. - Taurus   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

2 Not allowed!
    Yea I read that one escaped and starting chasing the house cat around until the owner grabbed it and put it back haha.

Just be cautious and make plenty of caves and structures they hunt at night and so would the Raphael :/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I like to use river rock and slate to build smaller structures only the smaller fish can inhabit my

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For being fish-fan friendly! ;) - Rue   Beer mug for ya - Jaster   No Message - Gar   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Thanks for the reputation - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    I am jealous Senegal Bichir one on my dream fish. I would definitely make way more caves than needed for all sizes.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   Have a beer for 5,000 posts ;-) - steeler58   Closest thing I could find for a gold star. - Taurus   Gold Star for that one! - RiversGirl   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    www.aqadvisor.com is a good way to check stocking load and filtration of your tank.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Silbar!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I have to admit the bichir has became one of my favorites!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    90G may not be enough for the senegal, I'm afraid....http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species...lus-senegalus/

5 foot tank, 150 gallon or so is recommended for this potentially 20" fish
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers