· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks! I call that my red tank lol
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

0 Not allowed!
    Color-coordinated fish are neat...even when it's not intentional. Was it intentional...?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

1 Not allowed!
    Kind of was? I am deep down somewhat impulsive and was like "I really want a red sev, oooo it would look great with the serpae as they're red too!" Most people think I'm super structured and together when really I just impulsively do things which end up going ok.

In better news and no surprise to those that know me I am adding a 3rd 75 to the fish room. Will be doing some rearranging/getting rid of but it will just barely work. My 3ft 50g will replace the 20L on it's wall and a new 75 will go where the 3ft 50G sits.

I will either upgrade the red sev and serpae to the new 75, and stock the 50 with some cryptoheros species or pair of discus. OR keep the 50 as it is and get a really show stopping large CA like a red tiger mota or festae. For now I'm thinking option #2.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    New plan and one which I feel will give me the best variety in stocking....Im actually super excited for this. In the upcoming 75G...Ive opted to go with 5xRed Head Tapajos, 1 Green Terror, and 8-10 Buenos Aires. Pretty much the stock from the 55G added to the new 75G after getting the Tapajos established. I will then have a spare 55G for a Friedrichshalii or Mota. I am excited about the possibility of keeping earth eaters again. Essentially this will be a smaller version of my old 150G

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    I just purchased a 75/90G stand on Petco.com...it was the aquatic fundamentals stand. I got this one as I am in hopes of sourcing a slightly larger 90G as this would give me the extra space to upgrade my Red Severum as well. I have recently found a LFS and the owner is a past acquaintance from my days of managing a LFS while in college.

I am also super excited to have a somewhat local fish shop(its a 40 min drive). Neat little shop carrying some nice stock....while I was there they had some EB Acara(will be back to pick up one or two), decent selection of africans(no P.saulosi tho), some nicer CA/SA cichlids....I was able to buy a green terror locally which is doing fantastic. Then of course a room dedicated to more community type fish, still some better selection Lemon Tetras, Congos, etc. Had a very nice black Rhom and boy was a I tempted. Also some nice marine life....very nice display reef, good frag tank, etc.

It isn't a huge shop...my guess would be around 50-60 sell tanks, either 20 longs or 29s for the most part. 2 125Gs up front for customers "it grew too big" drop offs. All of the SA/CA cichlid tanks are divided in half with one fish per side...my GT was rooming with a red devil on the other side(again tempted). At any rate I am excited to reconnect with an old acquaintance and hopefully have the possibility he could order me a 90G....another 75G would be fine but if possible Id like the larger space and room for my Sev. If this plan does work out I could stock my 3ft 50G with another species Ive been interested in

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    In need of some opinions....I am not trying to "over stock" any of my tanks these days due to not wanting to be committed to a very intensive maintenance schedule anymore. Here are my thoughts on stocking the upcoming 75/90G

3-5 Red Head Tapajos
    1 GT
    1 Red Sev

With that said would 5 Tapajos be pushing it in a 75G? I would be comfortable stocking this amount in a 90G as the extra water would help displace waste but on the fence about it in a 75G. Filtration will be a Whisper 60 and a SunSun 304.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199   Merry xmas! - ScottishFish   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year - mommy1   Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    I keep some tapajos w/sev and longterm I think it might be a bit overcrowded with a largish GT and sev in there. shortterm no probs for a few years probably.
    your friendly neighbourhood arowanaman!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    I strongly suspect my GT is female so I expect it to be 7-8", sev I suspect is male so will be a larger fish. Future upgrades are icy, not certain on what that could be as I'm sticking with 4ft set ups. I will push for the 90g as that would provide some extra gallons at the least.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast