· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    I always enjoy your set-ups Jenn

Looking forward to seeing/reading about the progress
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    In canisters I always run sponge in the first basket...bio media(Ehfilav or Matrix) in the center, and Polyfiber in the top. HOBs it varies...ACs I only run sponges, Whispers I shove bio media in the poly bags, and Aquatech/Penguin Ive got some old cell pore blocks and "super cartridges" for them.

I do like those butterfly plecos. I just placed an order to Gunpowder a few weeks ago and was for the most part satisfied.

Hopefully I can get this tank to look as nice as my mental image of what it should look like; time will tell
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

0 Not allowed!
    Following. Can't wait to see what you come up with this time...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller View Post
    In canisters I always run sponge in the first basket...bio media(Ehfilav or Matrix) in the center, and Polyfiber in the top. HOBs it varies...ACs I only run sponges, Whispers I shove bio media in the poly bags, and Aquatech/Penguin Ive got some old cell pore blocks and "super cartridges" for
    I do like those butterfly plecos. I just placed an order to Gunpowder a few weeks ago and was for the most part satisfied.

Hopefully I can get this tank to look as nice as my mental image of what it should look like; time will tell
    How often do you replace the poly fiber in your canisters?
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    I am looking forward to seeing your mental image of it come to life -- and I'm absolutely certain that you are able to put it together just as you envision.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    Only when I maintain them...every 3-4 months. In my Goldfish tank I have actually gone 5-6 months between cleaning the canister....it is a surprisingly clean tank. I think the reason I get away with this is due to the fact I run a filter significantly larger than the tank really needs and I feed sparingly so there isnt a load of waste. I also run back up filtration on each tank such as an internal powerhead/quick filter or a HOB.

I wound up having to go into the office yesterday and tie up some paper work...I am going to get the tank off and running today with just sand/water/and filtration. Will post my progress as it happens.

I am fearful one of my EB Acaras will not make it in the 55G; it is struggling to swim. Checked water parms 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, less than 10ppm nitrate. All other fish are fine....and I treated them all with Prazi Pro when I got them in. I am afraid given their genetic craziness to make them EB they are also going to be much weaker similar to the EBJDs and random die offs may not be that uncommon. Sucks....I will do a 50% WC today and see how it goes. If he does pass I will probably replace him with a few more from GunPowderAquatics after Xmas...honestly Id like to have 4-5 anyway they are such pretty fish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    I read through your old journal and now am catching up with your many tanks. You do an awesome job with all of them and I have learned a lot from your posts.do you still have your home office tanks? I saw the pic of your stands but never got to see how the finished tanks look in the office. I will be following your journal
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!

What did you order? Im planning on a dwarf cichlid and #L order soon.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    EB Acara, Super Red Severum, Vieja Synspilum(disappointed gill deformity/short body looking), Bronze corydoras, Pink Tailed Chalceus. All fish awesome except for the Vieja...which ya know it happens and I am sure they have a whole mess of them in one tank and just pulled one at random. I have since ordered a replacement Vieja online and will be rehoming my little deformed guy to my mom's tank.

The home office tanks? Yes that is my 2 75s, 3ft 50G and a 20G Long. I *could* add more tanks below the 75s(40 breeders as I am using canisters) so that is an option down the road but for now I am sticking it with just the single 75s on the metal stands. I am probably going to DIY some "skirts" for the tank stands to give a cleaner look and hopefully deter me from buying 40breeders.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Only when I maintain them...every 3-4 months. In my Goldfish tank I have actually gone 5-6 months between cleaning the canister....it is a surprisingly clean tank. I think the reason I get away with this is due to the fact I run a filter significantly larger than the tank really needs and I feed sparingly so there isnt a load of waste. I also run back up filtration on each tank such as an internal powerhead/quick filter or a HOB.
    I don't see how you can go that long without the sponges becoming a mud brick....I guess it depends on what's in the tank, and like you say, light feedings...my HOB's get cleaned once a month, the canister every six weeks...and they need it
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast