· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For being fish-fan friendly! ;) - Rue   Beer mug for ya - Jaster   No Message - Gar   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Thanks for the reputation - Silbar   

Default New Tank just for my crayfish

0 Not allowed!
    I had to start a new tank. After my Jaguar started remodeling my tank to go after my crayfish. They got along for about a month. I had 1 female with eggs. he moved a 3 lb. rock and collapsed her cave. That was it had to get them their own tank.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For being fish-fan friendly! ;) - Rue   Beer mug for ya - Jaster   No Message - Gar   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Thanks for the reputation - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah was wanting to find a fish that stays to the top and is a community fish not sure yet gotta wait till i get the top on it. Maybe but some duckweed in it to.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    just so you know your going to have a fulltime job controling the duckweed :/

Frogbit is a bigger cousin check it out.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Guppies are pretty awesome IMO plus they will reproduce in your tank quickly.

since the crayfish will most likely make a meal out of them..if they get to close

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonJoe View Post
    Guppies are pretty awesome IMO plus they will reproduce in your tank quickly.

since the crayfish will most likely make a meal out of them..if they get to close
    Yeah I thought about that also was considering mollies or platies. that way i could maybe have some to feed to my gar. He wont even look at a guppy anymore.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonJoe View Post
    just so you know your going to have a fulltime job controling the duckweed :/

Frogbit is a bigger cousin check it out.
    I agree 1000% (not a typo) once you have duckweed you know why it is the bane of all existence! I had to take 4 hours to get it out of 4 tanks, and was 98% successful, on the 5th tank I was only 60% successful and its a wall of duckweed with frogbit mixed in though I removed 60% of the duckweed recently. Frogbit is so much better, plus I never put the duckweed in the tanks in the first place-like the pest snails I got it was a hitchhiker on some plants and was easily transferred from tank to tank during maintenance. The duckweed sticks to every damn thing!
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    duck weed isn't that bad. yes it grows fast which is good as its a nutrient sponge. i just take a fish net and run it around the surface 1 a week before water change leaving 25% of what was there. my craw dad love to try and catch them by standing on the talles parts of the hard scape.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

3 Not allowed!
    IMO and IME if you want a floater that grows past and is more easily managble then go with frogbit because if you want to remove it you can easily do so in one sitting. Duckweed can be removed in at one time-but its more like a day and lots of back and forth with the net (streassing the fish and in my case catching goofy shrimp too) and moving the filters and cleaning the trim to make sure you got every little leaf and waiting for any of the little guys who sank to resurface then comming back after a bit to find the stragglers and then wait and repeat the above vs. a sitting just plucking the bigger frogbit out one by one cause each leaf is the size of my thumbnail.

courtesy of plantedtank: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/33...us-pistia.html

DwarfWaterLettuce.jpg

Now if you are in this situation (and I was) you have to meticulously rinse each frogbit to remove any duckweed before putting it back if you don't want to be reinfested with the duckweed.

Personally I like the roots on the frogbit too...
    images (5).jpg
    Last edited by Boundava; 12-03-2015 at 01:46 PM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well I am starting to lean more towards the frogbit. Them roots look kinda cool. I will do some more research before i make any final choices. I do know the crayfish will eat at them to. Plus I have a large blue tilapia that would enjoy some fresh vegetation.