· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Herichthys cyanoguttatus?? or Thorichthys meeki??

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Herichthys cyanoguttatus(Texas)

3 50.00%
  • Thorichthys meeki(Firemouth)

3 50.00%
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

Default The Official Pool Pond

1 Not allowed!
    So my landlord converted a pool that was never kept up by old roommates into a pond its been a few years growing all types of aquatic/semi-aquatic flora and non-native plants aswell.
    So we are wanting to add fish now. now we are trying to brainstorm some ideas of filtration possibly gravity or create a canister type filter using 55gal drums using an above pump. any thoughts and suggestions please feel free!!
    IMG_20151121_105711.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Im also going to need some suggestions as to what kinda fish to get...skies the limit really maybe some pacu some oscars..Arowana??

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   Congrats on guessing the DT. - Silbar   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Thanks for the Rep, and welcome back ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Doesn't the pool already have filtration? Just take the pool filter sand out and add some ceramic rings or equivalent, some sort of mechanical media and it should work like a canister filter.

I've always wanted a pond with CA or SA cichlids, maybe some Jaguars and Jack dempseys. What are the dimensions of the pool?
    When I go fishing I just throw sharp rocks in the water and wait for the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Dear naps, sorry I hated you so much when I was a child... Love me

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    No the filter broke years ago..And its a old pool back from the 70's so its huge! Ill have to take measurements not sure..and I was thinking the same thing Jaguars and JD's !

would love to breed and sell em eventually
    Last edited by AmazonJoe; 11-21-2015 at 10:01 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

nice loach setup! - James`   Have another Clownloach for your school :) - steeler58   Have another clown loach ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

3 Not allowed!
    Something that large you can think monster fish. Red tail catfish, arowana, stingray etc.
    220g Frontosa tank.
    210g monster fish tank.
    125g planted wild altum tank
    55g grow out tank.
    29g quarantine tank.

Video of my 125
    https://youtu.be/-ELr8DgX4BY

Video of my 220.
    https://youtu.be/aqZU9NV-ykQ

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    luke you just went up in my book..redtails would be so awesome..and tasty...But alot of CA/SA Cichlids wouldlook great with that vegetation. Which actually keeps the water fairly clear natural filtration to an extent. I think first it needs aeration in the middle ASAP
    Last edited by AmazonJoe; 11-21-2015 at 10:34 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

nice loach setup! - James`   Have another Clownloach for your school :) - steeler58   Have another clown loach ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    There's a guy by me who sells fish out of his basement and he sell monster fish almost exclusively. I've bought some nice plecos and stuff from him.
    220g Frontosa tank.
    210g monster fish tank.
    125g planted wild altum tank
    55g grow out tank.
    29g quarantine tank.

Video of my 125
    https://youtu.be/-ELr8DgX4BY

Video of my 220.
    https://youtu.be/aqZU9NV-ykQ

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   heres your first angel - genocidex   Thanks for playing - mommy1   Here's a dollar for your SD...hope he's ok - Slaphppy7   Good luck with the treatment! - ~firefly~   

2 Not allowed!
    Just my opinion but would you even need filtration with all those plants . Seems to me you would only need water movment but I may be wrong . Hopfully someone will chime ion to clear this up for me as well as you . And yes JD's would be awesome in there.
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by eltylT View Post
    Just my opinion but would you even need filtration with all those plants . Seems to me you would only need water movment but I may be wrong . Hopfully someone will chime ion to clear this up for me as well as you . And yes JD's would be awesome in there.
    I agree thats why I wanna get a pond aerator run that for a few weeks and see how the quality of the water changes..looks like I'm going to need a water quality kit to see what the DO is after all that.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Easter and thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thank you for the Endlers!!! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   We miss you, Deb. - WhistlingBadger   

5 Not allowed!
    Golly gee it's a honest-to-goodness-real-ceeeement-pond!