· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Herichthys cyanoguttatus?? or Thorichthys meeki??

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Herichthys cyanoguttatus(Texas)

3 50.00%
  • Thorichthys meeki(Firemouth)

3 50.00%
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    What a fun project! I'm tuned in, to see what you do with it.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For being fish-fan friendly! ;) - Rue   Beer mug for ya - Jaster   No Message - Gar   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Thanks for the reputation - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Wow That's a dream come True. Maybe keep an eye out for an old pool filter you might be able to piece one together or at least get a the canister from one to pump into.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar View Post
    Wow That's a dream come True. Maybe keep an eye out for an old pool filter you might be able to piece one together or at least get a the canister from one to pump into.
    Good idea! The land lord still has the juacuzzi pool filter laying in pieces Ill take some snapshots and see if its salvageable. I'm kinda tech savy but to a point! haha I'm just worried about it not being practica wouldn't you have to backwash it all the time?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    What a fun project! I'm tuned in, to see what you do with it.
    THANKS!!! It's going to be my biggest fish tank yet ;)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonJoe View Post
    THANKS!!! It's going to be my biggest fish tank yet ;)
    Did you ever get a measurement of it? How deep is it, do you know?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

2 Not allowed!
    Im in southern florida its always hot...lol

we run a softener on the tap not sure exactly the GH
    I think the owner of the pond would do well with central american cichlids that do find in temps as low as 65f. From south america, cichlids from argentina, uruguay, and paraguay would do fine in an unheated pond in FL.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    I think the owner of the pond would do well with central american cichlids that do find in temps as low as 65f. From south america, cichlids from argentina, uruguay, and paraguay would do fine in an unheated pond in FL.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Plus that would be very eye appealing IMO. Monsterfish are cool and all.
    But the size of this pool means a huge stock of Cichlid possibilities. especially in FL.

We are planning on putting lights on the bottom for viewing purposes sound good?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Exactly what I was thinking. Plus that would be very eye appealing IMO. Monsterfish are cool and all.
    But the size of this pool means a huge stock of Cichlid possibilities. especially in FL.

We are planning on putting lights on the bottom for viewing purposes sound good?
    lights sound like a good idea, and if a gator ever ends up at the bottom, you will see it right away.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For being fish-fan friendly! ;) - Rue   Beer mug for ya - Jaster   No Message - Gar   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Thanks for the reputation - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Good idea! The land lord still has the juacuzzi pool filter laying in pieces Ill take some snapshots and see if its salvageable. I'm kinda tech savy but to a point! haha I'm just worried about it not being practica wouldn't you have to backwash it all the time?
    Well you might have to every few days they usually have a pressure gauge on them so you would know when to flush it. It would also depend on if you used sand or another type of media. Just an idea.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    Did you ever get a measurement of it? How deep is it, do you know?
    Not yet, I was going to walk the outside and get a rough dimension. I'm going to say 20 feet long lol and I'll ask the landlord about depth. But I already know its greater then 6" just from eyeballing