· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Herichthys cyanoguttatus?? or Thorichthys meeki??

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Herichthys cyanoguttatus(Texas)

3 50.00%
  • Thorichthys meeki(Firemouth)

3 50.00%
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DebinWhitmore View Post
    Golly gee it's a honest-to-goodness-real-ceeeement-pond!
    pretty awesome right lol can't wait and see what we can do with it

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonJoe View Post
    So my landlord converted a pool that was never kept up by old roommates into a pond its been a few years growing all types of aquatic/semi-aquatic flora and non-native plants aswell.
    So we are wanting to add fish now. now we are trying to brainstorm some ideas of filtration possibly gravity or create a canister type filter using 55gal drums using an above pump. any thoughts and suggestions please feel free!!
    Attachment 43750
    It's like im still in the jungle :P

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

4 Not allowed!
    One of my sisters lives in a house here in town where the previous owners let a swimming pool turn into a complete pond...trees, cat 'o nine tails growing out of the center of it...bullfrogs...in the middle of a small semi-urban town

My daughter "won" some goldfish over the years at various carnivals and fairs...we've always released them into that pond...this was years ago

Now when we visit, we can see them sometimes, they're huge...and just a bullfrog TADPOLE is a sight to behold, lol
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

3 Not allowed!
    I'll need to get some pics for you guys, maybe not of the wildlife, but just the pond itself

We're going there for Thanksgiving...my favorite place for holidays, that house, less than 5 minutes away, lol....that's MY kind of holiday travel
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

nice loach setup! - James`   Have another Clownloach for your school :) - steeler58   Have another clown loach ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Something that may interest you. Should be right down your alley with what your doing.
    http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/fo.../#post-7377864
    220g Frontosa tank.
    210g monster fish tank.
    125g planted wild altum tank
    55g grow out tank.
    29g quarantine tank.

Video of my 125
    https://youtu.be/-ELr8DgX4BY

Video of my 220.
    https://youtu.be/aqZU9NV-ykQ

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    How cold does the pond get? Whats the hardess of the tap in that area?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by luke77 View Post
    Something that may interest you. Should be right down your alley with what your doing.
    http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/fo.../#post-7377864
    Nice thanks luke yea that gave me some good ideas..my pool is triple that size easily Idk if making a filter is very practical ($$) But I'm sure we the combined minds of the AC lol can create a cheaper variation. Plus the amount of vegetation in there already is a big help for WQ.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    How cold does the pond get? Whats the hardess of the tap in that area?
    Im in southern florida its always hot...lol

we run a softener on the tap not sure exactly the GH