· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

Default Is this liner any good?

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, kids. Not a lot of pond activity on this forum, but it's worth a shot. I need to reline my irrigation pond, which is quite large, and I don't think we can afford EPDM (that's what I would use if money were no issue) I recently came across these billboard tarp pond liners. But I am concerned about durability and longevity--I plan to cover this liner with stone, and I do NOT want to reline thing thing again in a few years.

Any input/experience with these?

Danke--Tom

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for the rep - mommy1   You need some of these. - mommy1   One more for your AC tank. - mommy1   You are an amazing young man!  Keep up the good work. - mommy1   Bravo! - Rue   

2 Not allowed!
    I would avoid vinyl pond liners at all costs. They may be cheap, but they are thin and they do not last very long. Trust me, 45 mil firestone EPDM is what you want. Save up the money, sell lemonade if you have too. It is always better to do it right the first time and it costs you less in the long run. I know some people who have had 45 mil firestone EPDM go for over 25 years without leaks. I used 45 mil firestone EPDM and that felt underlayment on my pond.
    When you have a 12-inch bowl and a fish that gets up to 15 inches, it's obviously not going to fit.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    PondPro2000 is a unique liquid version of EPDM and is identical in durability to EPDM pond liners sold in pond supply stores. Since it is 100% liquid EPDM it is 100% compatible with your existing EPDM pond liner.
    Safe for both fish and plant life as well as frogs tadpoles etc. Pond Pro can be applied directly on an existing EPDM, PVC or fiberglass liner without any primer! PondPro Concrete product is designed for ponds or fountains made out of non-porous concrete, brick or mortar. For any deep pond, pool or fountain that sits on a grade or is constructed from non-porous material (this includes concrete, block, wood, etc.), you would use the Pond Pro Concrete. Concrete cinder block must be stuccoed to make it easier for the PondPro Concrete to adhere.