· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exodon tetra?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    I've a feeling shrimp would become some expensive snacks for those bucktooths

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/exodon-paradoxus/
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I've a feeling shrimp would become some expensive snacks for those bucktooths

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/exodon-paradoxus/
    Thanks for the link. havent seen that one before.

Thats about what i figured. No shrimp for me!!!!LOL

Might as well add a another group of Exodon, Maybe 10 more, get me to 45 of em

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Do you buy them locally?...are they pricey?

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by EarleD View Post
    I got a quick question.

Would the Exodon bother shrimp? Might be cool to have a few red shrimp in the tank.
    Chances are high they will eat the shrimp

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    image.jpg
    Do you buy them locally?...are they pricey?
    Yes I get them locally. I have a pretty good LFS. They have 3 stores with in 25 miles. All are pretty nice fish shops. They average about $8 each but they will work with you in volume. I paid just over $6 each. Not cheap but not to bad forms very cool fish

Can a MOD please delete the upside down pic. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by EarleD; 07-15-2016 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Added picture

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I have no clue why pics sometimes do that, but from my end, there's nothing I have found to fix it, so far

Cool tank, BTW

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I have no clue why pics sometimes do that, but from my end, there's nothing I have found to fix it, so far

Cool tank, BTW
    Thanks. This is my favorite tank ever by far. I've kept fish for 20+ years. That says something. Love watching The fish explore the tank.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Update

Tank is doing great. Constantly pruning back the plants. My anubias have tripled in size

Doing biweekly water changes of at least 75%. Nitrates are never above 20. Unreadable after water change.

Fish are fat and healthy. Loaches seem to be the same size, but chunky. Slow growers? Same with plecos. Nice and thick.

Exodon are eating great. They love frozen bloodworms. The cube is gone within a minute.  They like the new life spectrum 1mm community pellet. Typically feed once daily, alternate between 3 foods. Omega color enhancing flake is the 3rd food. Occasionally a raw shrimp is tossed in. Always active and curious. They recognize me as the food source. When I walk up to the tank they swim to the front. Anyone else they tend to hide in the plants or pull into a tighter school

I had one jump out, found him on the floor one day. Huge mouth for such a small fish. Definately have a set of dentures. Can see how a scale is picked.

Tank is beautiful. Always some activity in it. I can sit in front of it and get lost staring at it. I guess that's the whole point of having the tank.

Pics to follow soon
    Last edited by EarleD; 11-05-2016 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Grammar and addendum

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Why not start your own thread on the tank, in the Journal section?

I'd like to hear about it's journey and your experiences in the hobby.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Journal started