· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Almost done with cycle! - BluewaterBoof   Congrats on the cycle! - Slaphppy7   congrats on your new plants - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    So I think I've decided to go with a dwarf gourami and some guppies and some ghost shrimp. I found a nice tall piece of driftwood Im going to attach moss and an anubias to.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Almost done with cycle! - BluewaterBoof   Congrats on the cycle! - Slaphppy7   congrats on your new plants - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    IMG_2252.JPG

Picture is the hardscape I have found locally I think it came out good. What do you think? Sorry the picture is sideways if you click on it I think its the right way.

Ordered everything needed for the tank

Substrate- Flourite dark

Filter- Sun Sun internal filter for now. Will seed with media from my other tanks.

Lighting- LED light off amazon. Not whats in the picture

Already have heater and air pump from old aquarium.

Found and ordered some plants.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the AC! - Slaphppy7   we never stop learning in this hobby - SeaLady   Hang in there, treasure awaits in the end - Jwfish13   Good luck with the interview! - Slaphppy7   Because chocolate always makes things better - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter1804 View Post
    IMG_2252.JPG

Picture is the hardscape I have found locally I think it came out good. What do you think? Sorry the picture is sideways if you click on it I think its the right way.

Ordered everything needed for the tank

Substrate- Flourite dark

Filter- Sun Sun internal filter for now. Will seed with media from my other tanks.

Lighting- LED light off amazon. Not whats in the picture

Already have heater and air pump from old aquarium.

Found and ordered some plants.
    Looking nice.

Just be sure you fully cycle that thing before you put them in, otherwise be ready and willing to do water changes every day until it is cycled if you put in the fish right away.

Not a bad selection of fish. The Dwarf Gourami is a lovely little guy(I have a blue one myself) and male guppies are very pretty. Should work well I think. Instead of ghost shrimp, why not red cherry shrimp?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    I will have the tank fully cycled before adding any fish I did a fish in cycle once and that was not fun at all.
    I want something other than ghost shrimp but I can't find them anywhere around me and they just seem to dang high online I'll have to keep searching.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the AC! - Slaphppy7   we never stop learning in this hobby - SeaLady   Hang in there, treasure awaits in the end - Jwfish13   Good luck with the interview! - Slaphppy7   Because chocolate always makes things better - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    I will have the tank fully cycled before adding any fish I did a fish in cycle once and that was not fun at all.
    I want something other than ghost shrimp but I can't find them anywhere around me and they just seem to dang high online I'll have to keep searching.
    To be honest, I've been to local stores with RCS and their prices weren't much different from what I found online. Only advantage is, no shipping costs.

That said, if you're worried about money and the likes, ignore me. Nothing wrong with ghost shrimp. At least, I don't think there is. I just know many people on here REALLY enjoy their RCS.

Good on you for cycling in advance and there are resources on this site that can help you if you're uncertain of how to go about it.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the advise my only LFS are big box stores I haven't found a fish store anywhere around here and the big box stores only have ghost shrimp Im still looking around online. This will be my sixth aquarium setup so I think I'll be ok but again thank you for all the kind words of advise.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks everyone for all the help

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for your comcern and healing thoughts - Silbar   I wish I could give you a hug. - Silbar   Thinking of you ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Anyone know of a good place to buy plants? is there a forum on here to ask around?
    Many members have been very happy with plants from this fellow.
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...58#post1354758
    He is a member here. A link to his is website is in his signature. Plus, ya gotta love specials!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    image.jpg

Tank update
    Got the substrate, hardscape, and equipment in the aquarium. Picture was taken about 2 hours after filling, still waiting for the particulates to setting from the fluorite substrate that stuff was DIRTY took 20 mins to get "clean" but it's not as bad as some of the pictures I've seen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast