· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 156 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Amber Ale will have to do :-) - Taurus   Congrats on winning POTM! - Silbar   For the nice vid ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on the 2nd spawn. - Silbar   A bit of good luck can't hurt during Irma. Stay safe as possible. - Taurus   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    Forgot about my otocinclus! you can see him on the red rock chillin lol

Last edited by AmazonJoe; 11-15-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Amber Ale will have to do :-) - Taurus   Congrats on winning POTM! - Silbar   For the nice vid ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on the 2nd spawn. - Silbar   A bit of good luck can't hurt during Irma. Stay safe as possible. - Taurus   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonJoe View Post
    Forgot about my otocinclus! you can see him on the red rock chillin lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    I was very lucky for sure! I will be on the hunt for more plants they just have to originate from South America. The sword plants are in already they have a good amount of growth lots of new shoots. I got them in a tube so they had lots of dead leaves :/
    I got some amazon swords from Petsmart one time...came in those tubes. Took the plants about three or four weeks to start looking healthy.

"It's my whimsical colorful slice of paradise." - Debra Mozurkewich, RIP

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Yea thats exactly were I got those.. I think the other best option would be to special order offline. What sites have you came across? Foster and Smith looks promising.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

3 Not allowed!
    I used to buy my plants from LiveAquaria (Foster&Smith). Decent prices and healthy plants, although I did have some pond snail hitchhikers from several of my orders. Bothered me at first, but I've since added assassin snails to all my tanks and they eliminate any pest snails that pop up.

I recently got a HUGE order of plants from AquariumPlants.com. They don't ship until the Wednesday after you place your order, but the wait is worth it. Their plants are huge and healthy. The portions are extremely generous. Each crypt that I ordered ended up being a huge bundle of smaller crypts all rooted together, like so:

image.jpg

I had so many plants from the order that I ended up running out of room on my 55g and my wife and I had to start putting the leftovers in two of my other tanks just to avoid having to throw some away haha It was insane :P I was flabbergasted at the sheer amount and quality of the plants. I ordered $50-worth of plants and ended up with more than I could handle. $50 at Petsmart will get you 5 of those sickly tube plants, for comparison.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    I used to buy my plants from LiveAquaria (Foster&Smith). Decent prices and healthy plants, although I did have some pond snail hitchhikers from several of my orders. Bothered me at first, but I've since added assassin snails to all my tanks and they eliminate any pest snails that pop up.

I recently got a HUGE order of plants from AquariumPlants.com. They don't ship until the Wednesday after you place your order, but the wait is worth it. Their plants are huge and healthy. The portions are extremely generous. Each crypt that I ordered ended up being a huge bundle of smaller crypts all rooted together, like so:

image.jpg

I had so many plants from the order that I ended up running out of room on my 55g and my wife and I had to start putting the leftovers in two of my other tanks just to avoid having to throw some away haha It was insane :P I was flabbergasted at the sheer amount and quality of the plants. I ordered $50-worth of plants and ended up with more than I could handle. $50 at Petsmart will get you 5 of those sickly tube plants, for comparison.
    MMMM very nice dense looking roots. Thanks for the hook up!
    I'm thinking of trying to get some Sword hybrids like Indian red
    [Edit] assassin snails just sound cool.. saw some at my LFS.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    MMMM very nice dense looking roots. Thanks for the hook up!
    I'm thinking of trying to get some Sword hybrids like Indian red
    [Edit] assassin snails just sound cool.. saw some at my LFS.
    They got the reds in stock Says it's potted, though. I can't vouch for their potted portion sizes; everything I ordered were bare root.

The variety of plants on the site is very impressive. The selection is like the plant equivalent of The Wet Spot's fish selection haha You jut gotta pay attention to whether each plant is in stock. Just FYI... After I had placed my order, I stumbled upon some bad reviews. Several people were very vocal about their displeasure. The owner of the plant company even jumped in on the thread and called them out on the things they were complaining about. It seems as though some people had issues with the placement of the orders and the delayed shipping time and lack of quick response to inquiries. I was already aware of their shipping schedule because I actually read that part of their website before I even placed my order. There WERE some people who jumped in and vouched for the company, they just weren't as vocal as the individuals complaining...soooo take it at what you will. Just wanted to give you a heads-up. My order completely rocked. I ordered on a Saturday. Got my confirmation immediately. First thing Mondat morning received notification that it was being processed. Shipped Wednesday. I messed up my shipping address and didn't notice until it shipped, so I changes the delivery point via UPS to one of their stores. Little did I know, that totally delays your delivery time. My order sat in the UPS warehouse here in town for the whole weekend. I figured I killed my plants. I picked them up Monday morning and was amazed the plants were all still very much alive and well, a testament to how solid their plants are. I couldn't have been happier with my order.

As for the assassins, they're great! I was resistant to the idea of having them for quite a while. One of the other members was kind enough to send me some. A week later, all my pest snails were gone, and the assassins are so cool that I enjoy them even after they did their job :) Don't hesitate to pick some up if you end up with pest snails :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice...yea those look like quality. I would much rather have that then half dead plants that shipped in a few days.. Do you know where there located?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    ..how many Rams german blue. Would be best in a communal 55g?
    I'm planning on just getting four juveniles and seeing what happens. I'll make a second cave structure at opposite end of tank.

Page 2 of 156 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast