· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

0 Not allowed!
    So, Nat and Sue, you both have high tech tanks, right? Mine will be a Walstad build, no CO2 (except what nature will provide), moderate-to-high light, but most of the wall is going to be fairly shaded. Also, I'm going for a Jungle-style scape, tons of plants, including floaters. That means not many nutrients in the water. So, with all that, I'm guessing the Christmas/Taiwan would be a lot slower? I don't really want it to take over my whole wall or anything...just to stay put and grow.

Lots of questions; new things scare me a little. :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

0 Not allowed!
    Also, my LFS said it comes in a 3" x 2" cup. I'm guessing that amounts to a LOT of moss--probably two cups would be enough for healthy patches on my driftwood and a few healthy patches on the back wall. Sound right?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post
    So, Nat and Sue, you both have high tech tanks, right? Mine will be a Walstad build, no CO2 (except what nature will provide), moderate-to-high light, but most of the wall is going to be fairly shaded. Also, I'm going for a Jungle-style scape, tons of plants, including floaters. That means not many nutrients in the water. So, with all that, I'm guessing the Christmas/Taiwan would be a lot slower? I don't really want it to take over my whole wall or anything...just to stay put and grow.

Lots of questions; new things scare me a little. :)
    If you mean CO2 then no, I used to run it on the 75, but after numerous "oopps" and issues with the regulator being set correctly, having 1-2 bps and an hour later having fish suffocating to death and a stream of bubbles like you wouldn't believe; I gave it up cold turkey. I never had it in the 10 or 20 tanks either, just the really good Finnex planted + lights on the little tanks and weekly Seachem fertilizers (Flourish, Excel, Fe; occasionally/bi-weekly/monthly (as needed) K, Ph, and N). I have been dosing the same in the 75-originally started with the planted +, it died and I replaced it with the planted+ 24/7 light, and just upped the Excel to 2x a week. Plants are all okay, flame moss in the 10/20 are great. The xmass moss went so crazy my sis just removed it from both tanks and gave most of it away to fellow posters on another forum (they covered the shipping). She gave it out in fistfulls, lol. Still have some in a bucket.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    ell, I'll give it a shot...if it gets too bad I can always get rid of it. Wish me luck! :) And thanks for all the help, as always!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Good luck and get some pics when you get it in and up...
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore