· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 341 of 350 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 3492

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    And yes, I drink that water...maybe that's why I never get sick?
    Or why your tanks never have water spots on them haha

https://www.bayjournal.com/article/a..._algae_growth_

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    I'll measure my tap again and post here, but I'm pretty sure it was that high the last time I checked.

I use the same water in the other tanks, but no algae issues in them...wonder why?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Those are all decently planted, right?

There isn't really anything in this one to use up the ammonia source right away. Anubias is a fairly slow grower, and those little plants along the substrate (dwarf sag?) aren't really doing much, either. I'm not positive on this, just kind of tossing ideas out.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Yes, all decently-to-heavily planted...maybe I need to throw more plants in this tank, I have a never-ending supply of crypts that I toss on a regular basis...or maybe some different plants from Nat

Thanks for the link

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

3 Not allowed!
    Lao has a nice setup.

Your anubias plant looks like it might be the same variety as the one we have. It is pretty and should do well for you. As stated above, it isn't a fast grower though, so won't fill the nutrient sponge roll for this tank. Would you consider allowing a houseplant grow out of the back of the tank? Pothos clippings grow roots quickly (you could either rig something to hold the plant above water, or allow some clippings time to grow roots in a vase first) and they can lend a neat look to a tank. Pothos are just one example.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I could do that, we have some pothos

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    If you'd like an alternative to crypts, hydrocotyle tripartita "japan" is a beautiful clover plant that grows extremely fast. You may find that one to be a particularly pretty addition to the tank that has great nutrient uptake. I've even grown it as a floating island at one point and it was fairly attractive. The betta may like a nice canopy provided by the hydrocotyle.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    The water lettuce and hornwort I am sending will do a lot to use up those extra nutrients. I will send some Narrow-leaf anacharis too, You can float the last 2 or plant them...oh wait, just read water lettuce is illegal in TX..crud. Frogbit and duckweed is not, how does that work?

Well let me know if you want the water lettuce, its big enough not to escape your tank or accidentally get down the drain (like duckweed would).
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

2 Not allowed!
    @BluewaterBoof--Cool, I just ordered a bunch of that for my SE Asia tank. I've been wanting something a little less inclined to get tall than the Blyxa japonica.
    @RiversGirl, isn't pothos the plant that Rachel O'Leary put in one of her tanks with a bunch of mosses and cultured algae, and it sucked up so much nutrients it wiped out all the other plants? Sounds like a nice problem to have, doesn't it?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Tom, the hydrocotyle will grow as a fairly low carpeting plant, but it will grow upwards along decor and even other plants. It's a pretty aggressive plant. You will need to stay on top of your trimmings if you wish to keep it from consuming the rest of your tank haha

Page 341 of 350 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343 ... LastLast