· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 339 of 350 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 3492

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

3 Not allowed!
    Thanks Boof and Nat,
    Yeah, I forgot to mention also that the frogbit Tom sent me never did do well either, which surprises me...it seemed fine at first, new root shoots and everything, then it all just started turning brown and falling apart...it was the second batch he sent me, neither panned out well

I'll definitely cut back on the lighting, and yeah Nat, I'll try the HW and/or water lettuce if you send some my way...not sure how well they'll fare being shipped right now though, this is the 5th day in a row we're under a heat advisory...supposed to get up the 97F today, with humidity in the 80's...this weekend was unbearably hot

Anyhow, here's the vid with the flowing green hair, lol

10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    That algae is a little spooky. I love the coloration on your Betta's fins. He's a very handsome guy.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Thank you, Rebecca....yeah, I've never had hair algae before, and had no idea it would grow horizontally like that

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post
    Yeah, it looks like your big plants are anubias, right? Those probably don't need that much light, and they don't grow fast enough to outcompete algae. I'd reduce the light, and if that doesn't do it, do an excel bomb.
    Yes, the one big plant in the middle is anubia, as is the small ones attached to the DW...thanks for the tip, less light it is....

"Excel bomb"?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    You can use hydrogen peroxide too if you don't have excel.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I do have Excel, don't even remember why I bought it, lol...maybe it was for when this tank had all of that alien gunk in it?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    You can directly squirt the excel onto the algae, just keep up the dosing.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Nat and Tom...I had forgotten about the nice write-up Tom did on the BB/brush algae...is what I have the same thing?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    I'd increase water change volume and frequency as opposed to dosing with Excel or H2O2. Those will kill off the algae that is already growing, but are band-aids that don't address the underlying cause of the outbreak; the nutrient levels. Unless your source water is high in ammonia/nitrates, performing large water changes will drop nutrient levels in the tank quicker than any plants will.

Don't be afraid to remove the majority of water in a single WC. As long as you're matching water temps, you could easily drain the water down to just a few inches without any ill effects.

Page 339 of 350 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349 ... LastLast