· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 238 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Boof's 90g

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

3 Not allowed!
    In case you haven't noticed, we're a bit-tetra obsessed right now. I love big schooling groups myself, and juliis are awesome when you can get them (as opposed to the similar-looking trilineatus). I agree that the rummies would look neat in there. Just depends on how much color you want (says the lady who uses color schemes to plan her tanks)...

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post

I was reading that link that Laura posted in your 40b journal...the one about cories. I saw in there that cories need easy access to the surface otherwise they can drown. The 55g is fairly tall, about 21 inches. Is that going to be an issue for the julii, if I get them??
    No, they will be fine ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Please explain, Rivers :) I've never had any rummies before.

So wipe out the black neons and double up on the rummies?
    Keep the Black neons but up the Rummys to 18 and you will be fine ;-)

Red phantoms are neat but they don't have finnage like the black's do ;-)

Last edited by steeler58; 09-17-2015 at 10:09 PM.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! I'd be lost without y'a :) I've always wanted rummies, so bumping up their school is not a problem :)

A word on the lack of color choices. I'm red/green colorblind lol I don't see the world in the vibrant colors that you guys/gals do :P The only colors that "pop" to me are yellow and blue. Everything else looks bland and ugly. Rita thinks my harleys are the prettiest fish, but to me they look really ugly. I didn't even know until two days ago that there are red stripes on neons haha I only found out when Rita was playing with my Satellite and wiped out all colors except for red. All of a sudden, I saw these little dark fish floating around my tank with some strip lit up underneath their tails. I pointed it out to Rita and asked her what it was. She laughed and said that my neons have red stripes on them. Mind blown. Now I can see the stripe when I look really close, but it isn't a pretty color and is almost too dark for me to see.

For colorblind people, we find contrast more visually appealing. Out of all my other fish, my pristellas are the most beautiful to me, all because of the yellow/black/white tips to their fins. It is this kind of contrast that I am hoping to get with the black phantoms and the lemon tetras.

To give y'all an idea of how the world looks to me, here's a screenshot of one of the colorblind websites out there. The images on the left side are "normal" photos. The images to the right of them show you how a colorblind person sees. I do not know how accurate the comparison is, as I've never seen "normal" before, but when I look at these, all of the images look identical; I can't see any difference in the colors between the left and right images.

colorblind.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    One of my best friends in high school was color blind ;-)

I forgot you had Lemon tetra's on your list, they are one of the most underated of the tetra's so good choice, another one for me to consider for a new tank, i have not kept them in a few years.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Great Idea THANK YOU - eltylT   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Holidays to you!  See you on the 6th! - Boundava   
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura   

0 Not allowed!
    What is the dGH (general hardness) of your water?
    75 gal - Smudge Spot Cories, Silvertip & Pristella Tetras, Scissortail & Red Tail Rasboras, Pearl Gourami, Black Kuhli Loaches, Whiptail Cats, Wild Caught BNP
    Dual 29 gals - Diamond Tetras. Harlequin Rasboras, Bloodfin Tetras
    10 Gal - Mr. Betta's Fishy Paradise

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, Lee! Glad to know the lemons are a good choice! I think they would look pretty sweet (to me, at least) with the black phantoms.

I'll check out the vid you posted here in a bit. Prying eyes here at the office right now ;)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Here's one of Lemon tetra's for later also, yes they will look good together, In my humble opinion ;-)

-Vince Lombardi

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    What is the dGH (general hardness) of your water?
    That is a good question. Never tested; I haven't ever had any issues with my plants and fish so I never looked it up. Should I be concerned?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Great Idea THANK YOU - eltylT   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Holidays to you!  See you on the 6th! - Boundava   
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura   

2 Not allowed!
    No, I was just curious if you could stock rainbows - they require a higher than usual dGH.
    75 gal - Smudge Spot Cories, Silvertip & Pristella Tetras, Scissortail & Red Tail Rasboras, Pearl Gourami, Black Kuhli Loaches, Whiptail Cats, Wild Caught BNP
    Dual 29 gals - Diamond Tetras. Harlequin Rasboras, Bloodfin Tetras
    10 Gal - Mr. Betta's Fishy Paradise

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Oh, I see!

I know our water is hard, but how hard is the real question.

You know, I was looking into rainbows back when I first started the hobby. They looked kinda cool, but I didn't really care for the shape of their body. The huge body with the tiny little head just didn't look good to me lol

Page 3 of 238 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast