· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 238 of 238 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 2380

Thread: Boof's 90g

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Haha, I'm excited for you and glad you and your wife have rekindled a little love for FW hahaha. Those angels will do it!

Anyway, yes bare-bottom. A heater, a sponge filter. I'm not feeling well and wish I could write more, but I'm really excited for you.

I use a seasoned sponge filter and use parent's water at first. You won't have to feed the fry until they are free-swimming. In the large tank, they will all be at the top and feed from the surface because mom and dad keep them there. They will even put them to bed for the first few nights soooooo cute! Sorry, to get back on track, in the fry tank it is half and half at the surface swimming and foraging at the bottom for food. I make sure to siphon all uneaten food and little poops (also cute) at least daily. I use a turkey baster to clean up the bottom after feedings and in case any didn't make it.

I even add floating plants like frogbit and IALs now. But with all the water changes it stays pretty clean anyway. I try to feed them small amounts 4-5 times a day at first and I always had much better success with live food like microworms. I like microworms because they can live in the water for up to 2 days,
    reducing waste and feeding the babies longer. Gotta get me some soon too!
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 09-13-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Oh and just use the airstone while hatching and place so bubble stream is gently moving water beneath the eggs. You can remove any fungused or dead eggs.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

3 Not allowed!
    Very cool and interesting update for this tank (unrelated to the angelfish fry that have been moved to their own tank)...

Last night the ghost knife ate from my hand. Six of his tubifex cubes, held tightly between my fingers so that he had to work at them a little bit haha

I am still trying to get him to accept the Massivore Delight pellets. He shows a lot of interest in them and will rub his face all over them for a minute or two, but doesn't make an attempt to actually eat them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Wow...haven't updated this since last September....that's blasphemous haha

Lots and lots of things have been going on this year. Had originally planned on moving across town after Christmas, so I actually sold off a lot of my big fish and corals in anticipation of the move. For several reasons the move did not happen as planned but the tanks have been stuck in limbo. I haven't really made any attempts to rebuild/restock what is left at this point because we still plan on moving later this year.

My superstar, the black ghost, was rehomed back at the beginning of the year in anticipation of moving. To this day I still miss him and watching him glide around the tank at night and listening to him munching on the foods that I gave him. It was very sad letting him go. He went to a good home, though, and that's all that matters at this point.

My large marbled angel, the male, was lost shortly after we got rid of the ghost. I'm not sure if it was a tumor or what, but he developed a startling lump on his body that grew very fast and before long we lost him.

Right now the tank has the two remaining female angels and a juvie oscar, along with about 20 random survivors of tetras and cories that have been with me since the beginning of my aquatic hobby. It seems like each month a couple more disappear as they all get older.

I have no desire to try restocking the dwindling schools for two reasons. 1) Still want to move this year and chasing small fish in a large tank sucks, and 2) I'm sure any small fish I buy will just end up becoming an expensive snack for the oscar.

The oscar is very cool. Only 2" so far, but very inquisitive and entertaining. Has a lot of personality like the angels, but where the angels move with elegance the oscar waggles his body like a really excited dog. He/she is getting along fairly well with the angels so far. There hasn't really been any aggression so far. One will sometimes chase the other away for a brief moment but I haven't seen much in the way of physical altercations. I watch them every day, though, and am looking out for signs that the angels need to be rehomed. I was going to rehome them immediately but my wife was insistent that we "leave the ladies alone" until we for sure know the oscar won't get along with them.

Anyway, enough blabbing. I haven't really done much with this tank this year. I don't ever fertilize the tank much anymore, nor do I trim the plants. The anubias that started off as tiny little portions several years ago are now monstrous runners that stretch for a good two feet and are starting to climb up the left side of the tank. The two little crypts that I planted in the front right corner have been allowed to spread across the entire tank. I will be rescaping this tank with driftwood and rocks to make it more suitable for the oscar as it grows.

Some locals have really made progress in getting a bona fide fishkeeping society going that brings us together with the folks up in Santa Fe. They have pretty decent monthly meets and auctions, and are even setting up a "Tanks for Tots" event in the next couple of weeks, aimed at bringing more kids into the hobby and teaching them responsible fishkeeping practices. I already told the head dude that I will be donating all of my crypts (well over two hundred of them) to be given out freely to attendees as extra incentive to boost our numbers and get the kids excited to try planted tanks. He immediately got a crazed look in his eye and started talking about including them in the auction but I stopped him. I know we could get money out of them but I want to do this as a gift to others as opposed to lining his greedy mitts with some extra cash haha

Here is the tank as it currently sits. I think I may be able to go back in the journal and find a "before" shot that shows the original puny anubias and crypts that were in the tank years ago that eventually spawned the bazillion plants now in it.

frontview.jpg
    sideview.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Wow. Your tank is looking very lush! I think it's wonderful that you're going to donate some plants. Thanks for posting an update so we know you haven't fallen off the face of the earth. :-)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    My superstar, the black ghost, was rehomed back at the beginning of the year in anticipation of moving. To this day I still miss him and watching him glide around the tank at night and listening to him munching on the foods that I gave him. It was very sad letting him go. He went to a good home, though, and that's all that matters at this point.
    Sad to hear it Andre, for purely selfish reasons! He was just so much fun to watch. Hey, I wish you guys the best of luck on getting relocated and resettled. Good to hear from you.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Yes, he was an amazing creature. I miss looking at the tank in the evening when all the lights are turned down and seeing his little white-tipped tail wiggling around in the garden of crypts, or him telling us he's hungry by gliding back and forth, upside down, across the tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Well, and thanks to you for all the videos. I enjoyed each and every one.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Wow, big update. Sorry about the staled move and the re-homing of the knife. I know you loved him. Like your ideas with the tank in the future, its going to be home to the oscar and angels-or just the oscar (have always wanted to get one, but I have a hard time getting a one fish tank, lol). Very generous you of to give all those crypts away. I can understand the head dude's inclination to make some $$$ for the club, but if giving them away will help more come to the event-it will boost the club's revenues in the long run through more membership fees.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Nice to see you around again and glad you're at least still in the hobby. I get the idea of not wanting to restock when things may have to be moved sometime soon. I really want to sand my floors and will have to move 3 tanks to do so. I planned to tear down my 25g tank since I lost my angel. The rummys were aging out with only 3-4 left (now only 1) and 2 cories and a pleco. Then I'd only have 2 tanks to move.

But I found a red variation of the Beckfordi pencilfish and "had to have them" so they went into this 25g tank "temporarily". I lost 7 of the 9 I got within a few months but the 2 remaining have bred and given me 5 fry. So I'm going to wait it out for a while to see if they continue to breed more before I decide what to do with them. I can move them to another tank, but it's unlikely any future fry would survive there.

Page 238 of 238 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238