· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 236 of 238 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238 LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2380

Thread: Boof's 90g

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Actually, can someone ID these crypts?
    Yep, those are definitely crypts. (that's as precise as I can get) ha ha ha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Hahaha Tom! Yep, that's about how I feel as well!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

4 Not allowed!
    Here ya go, @Taurus. A nice long video starring the BGK. I apologize for the long wait. He isn't out much in the beginning of the vid as I had just put the food in, but once he starts smelling all the goodies in the water he becomes very active. He was swimming around like this for a good hour last night but I figured I'd stop filming after 6mins haha

I was able to upload this at 1080p with my new phone, so hopefully the HD will make up a little bit for the lack of light.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Simply an amazing creature, I love the way he slices through the tank to feed without harming any of the other fish. The video is great Boof. It's as close to watching him in person as I can get and thanks for posting it. I'm sure I'll be watching it more than once.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    My pleasure, Larry. If I can catch him out when the lights are up a bit more I will try to get some better vid for ya. I recently just switched back to tubifex worms which seem to really draw him out more than the other stuff I had been feeding lately; I may be able to entice him out with the regular lights on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    That would be a real treat! This is one of the things I just love about being a member here, it's truly a privilege getting to peek into all the wonderful tanks and projects that others having going on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

3 Not allowed!
    Such a cool fish, Andre. One of the weirdest fish out there. Don't they get enormous? Do you have an exit strategy for him when he outgrows the tank? Maybe just the excuse you need to upgrade to that 150...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Haha no 150g for me any time soon!

They can grow up to 18" long, per a lot of the care sheets I've looked at, but I've been hard-pressed to find examples of folks actually getting them that big. 12"-14" seems to be more of the norm, from what I've seen in massive FB groups that have thousands and thousands of members.

I haven't been too worried about him. The tank is 48x18x24 and he still has a loooooong way to go before he starts getting cramped. They are very slow growers as long as you aren't stuffing food in their face all the time. Folks who feed multiple times a day claim to hit 10" the first year, others who feed only a couple times a week claim much slower growth, like several inches per year. I feed mine daily and he has put on about 8" in a little under a year and a half. I feel like there was a pretty good growth spurt in the beginning and now his rate of growth is slowing down as he gets bigger.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Always seems like months and months go by between updates for this journal...

Walked by the tank late last night after filming a vid of my reef tank for Rebecca and was completely flabbergasted. After a foolish dumb grin spread over my face, I whipped out my phone to grab a shot of the surprise.

B11A25A6-0665-4405-859C-35843811D16D.jpg

The momma still had her tube extended, so I know I managed to catch this shortly after she laid the eggs. She spent the evening hovering around the eggs and zipping across the tank to harass the tetras.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    I hope you'll end up with lots of little babies! How long do the eggs generally take to hatch?

Page 236 of 238 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238 LastLast