· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 232 of 238 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2380

Thread: Boof's 90g

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

6 Not allowed!
    Short BGK feeding vid for @Taurus!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a tetra, happy you got your Emperors ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    That's a lot of crypts! Oh my... However, better to have them healthy and growing than melting and dying!
    That is an awesome BGK you have there! I'm not sure if I was one of the smaller tetras that I'd feel comfortable picking of the food that he's shaking in his mouth.. lol. Too close for comfort!
    DM's 20g high - journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    @darkmerlin21 he's a puppy dog! I've never seen him go for one of the other fish. He's as gentle as the cories haha The dang lemon tetras are more aggressive than my little BGK :)

Yep, lots and lots and lots and lots of crypts. I believe it was Tom who dubbed me the "king of the crypts" a while back because I grow so many haha It's not difficult by any means. Crypts will pretty much grow in toilet water haha I'm just not sure how many member here actually grow the sheer volume as me. I've grown, sold, and given away a good 150-200 crypts in the last two years.

What's pretty nuts is that those crypts I pulled last night were just born from two crypts and connected by two runners. Now that each one has been separated and replanted, they will multiply at a ridiculous rate. If each one of those ~70 shoot off just one little baby, I'll have doubled the amount of crypts in less than a month. If each one of those 70 multiplies as quickly as those original two, This tank will have hundreds of crypts by Xmas. If someone comes along to challenge me to the rights of being the King of Crypts, they will have a large uphill battle haha
    Last edited by BluewaterBoof; 09-12-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the info on crypt propagation. It looks life your crypts have lots of room. I think I should spread out my crypts too, great idea!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, that video was awesome :) I forgot to comment lol
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post
    Wow, you weren't kidding when you said "pounding back." Great video!
    Munched that sucker down quick, eh?? He/she eats about three of those a night, when tubifex is on the evening menu. I've seen it chow down and eat about five carnivore pellets in one sitting, as well. Which reminds me, I need to order some more.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    How do they do that? My angels stuff pellets into their mouths, I never know how they fit all that, I mean I would think they'd have to wait until they were soggy to swallow. But your knife fish is even thinner, where does the food go lol?
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    ....that BGK is such a cool dude, you need to get'em a pair of shades man. Talk about making food disappear! Great video, it did NOT disappoint! Thanks so much for sharing.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    How do they do that? My angels stuff pellets into their mouths, I never know how they fit all that, I mean I would think they'd have to wait until they were soggy to swallow. But your knife fish is even thinner, where does the food go lol?
    His stomach is in the area around his pectoral fins. Depending on how the light hits him, you can see a bulge around that area. That's his belly getting stuffed haha

One night, about a month ago, I accidentally dropped like 10-15 carnivore pellets into the tank Dude ate maybe seven or eight of them in rapid succession before swimming off to his home in the back corner. I was terrified and expected to see some kind of intestinal blockage issue or something the next day, but the guy was fine.

I refer to the BGK as a "he," but I really have no way to know its sex. From what I've researched, there are plenty of myths on how to sex BGKs, but bona fide researchers who keep them and study them have said that there is no external sexual dimorphism with BGKs and they can only be sexed via surgical procedures. I've also heard claims that none have ever been bred in captivity.

Page 232 of 238 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234 ... LastLast