· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 168 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Angkor Wat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your first year of being smoke-free - RiversGirl   Congrats on making it to one year - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Excellent vid of RO/DI unit. - Silbar   Very Nice Betta write-up - Jwfish13   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmmm... That does seem tricky. My first thought was to take something like a PVC pipe, cut it in half long-ways so that it resembles something like a rain gutter, then drill holes along the pipe to distribute the outflow along the whole length, but I'm not sure if that will give enough oomph to circulate the water if the outflow is just trickling out of a bunch of small holes... Not only that, you're going to have limited space to work with depending on how high you plan on keeping the water level....hanging a trough under the AC will probably take up two or three inches....

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the friend request and congrats on the new pond! - Silbar   I'm sorry you lost a loach and thanks for the rep. - Silbar   An angel for your future tank...power of positive thinking! - Silbar   Have a Merry Christmas - Silbar   Merry Christmas - steeler58   

3 Not allowed!
    Exactly. I think I'm going to actually have to cut into the side of the outlet, up fairly high, and install a dam to make the water flow out the hole and into the pipe/trough. It's going to involve industrial amounts of silicone glue, I think.

Oh, well, if I destroy my HOB trying to fix it, Mrs. Badger will HAVE to buy me a canister filter. There's always a silver lining.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thank you for the moss - Hockey nut   For being a good sport ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   You deserve a medal for all of your hard work! - Silbar   Hang in there, you will get it all done! - RiversGirl   

3 Not allowed!
    That is a great way to look at the situation, glass is always half full with the possibilities of the cup spilling over with benefits, lol. (look-2 cliches in one! )
    75g- Plecos, Rainbowfish, Edlers, Espei, Gouramis, Cory, Loaches, Amano, and misc.
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp tanks; one with 4 chili rasbora & Bloody Mary and second with Blue Dream shrimp
    5.5g- Rescue female betta Lucky Star
    20L- Rescue betta Tony Stark and pygmy corys
    20L- Pygmy cory, 2 vampire/rock shrimp, ember tetras and female guppies

75g:
    Nat's 20L Tanks
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the friend request and congrats on the new pond! - Silbar   I'm sorry you lost a loach and thanks for the rep. - Silbar   An angel for your future tank...power of positive thinking! - Silbar   Have a Merry Christmas - Silbar   Merry Christmas - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Hey, Boof, here's the review I wrote of Ecology the first time I read it. Might either pique your interest, or kill it entirely. :) As for me, I'm looking forward to trying this again.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=112671

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well...We lost my mom this past Wednesday night. I'm up in Northern Wyoming with my dad; the funeral is tomorrow. She had horrendous health problems for a very long time, and in a way I've been prepared for this for years...but you never think it's going to happen *now.* My dad was her full-time caregiver for the past ten years or so, and it's very tough on him. Those of you who are believers, please keep him in your prayers. He'll be OK--he's a Wyoming Old-Timer, made out of rawhide and beef jerky, and he'll get through OK. But it's hard to watch him suffer.

Here's a tribute I wrote about my mom. A lot of my friends on here are thinking people, and I hope this gets you thinking in a good direction.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

4 Not allowed!
    Something you Should Know About My Mom:

I have a lot of athlete friends, and I've seen some of you do some truly inspiring things. At times, I am even think I might be something of an athlete myself. It's an addicting feeling, making one's body do things that just don't seem possible.

But let me tell you something about endurance. My mom suffered from trigeminal neuralgia which gave her excruciating pain, non-stop, for forty years of her life.

One of her doctors once told me that it felt like having a tooth pulled with no anesthesia.

All the time. For forty years.

Take a moment to try to imagine that. Experts call this a "suicide disease," because it wreaks such complete havoc on the body and mind.

But my mom never quit. She never gave up. Just surviving this disease is impressive, but mom did more than that. Through all her pain, through three brain surgeries and two open-heart surgeries and kidney failure and three dozen other things that would have killed most of us, she never quit smiling. She never quit helping people. She never quit living her trust in God. She tapped into God's grace, and Jesus' courage, and she never stopped smiling. Right now, her office downstairs is littered with thank-you cards from people to whom she gave courage and contact info for people she was counseling. She talked several people "down from the ledge."

So, tell me about your endurance sports and your finish lines; show me pictures of your rock climbs and your huge hikes, and I'll be happy with you. Heck, I might even join you now and then. But I've seen REAL endurance. Winning a race? Overcoming an injury? Pffffff. Mom just crossed the only finish line that matters.

What are you doing with your life? Who are you helping? What kind of medal are you going to receive from God when you reach the other side?

That's all that matters.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For hanging out on a lazy Sunday ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   Thanks for the rep!  This is going to be fun! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Sunday ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the "gpld star". - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Tom, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

6 Not allowed!
    ...and here's a piece of music my mom made up on the piano when I was just a little guy. Once I grew up and became a composer, I arranged and recorded it. Enjoy.

OK...back to fish tanks, I guess...I should be home Wednesday and back to work.
    Last edited by WhistlingBadger; 09-06-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the forum.  You need some fish on your wall. - WhistlingBadger   Here's another one.  That's more like it. - WhistlingBadger   Congrats for the new fish! - Slaphppy7   Congrats on the fry! - DebinWhitmore   

1 Not allowed!
    Sorry for your loss, your mom sounds like a very courageous person.
    My thoughts are with you and your family.
    255 Gallon African Cichlid Altolamprologus Compressiceps Gold Head, Neolamprologus Multifasciatus and cyprichromis Leptosoma Mamalesa
    37 Gallon community
    10 Gallon betta
    75 Gallon in progress

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Thoughts and prayers coming your way, Tom....your mother sounds like a one-in-a-million type of lady....thank you for sharing your tribute and the song...give your Dad a big hug from all of us, and let us know if you need anything...you know we'll do what we can.

God bless you and yours, and careful on your journey home.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Page 3 of 168 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast