· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    and I've chattered there, way too much I'm afraid.
    Haha not at all! Give me a bit and I'll jump over there.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    You just described my own son! He likes movies/TV, but will rarely actively watch them; he just likes to have something on in the background while he plays with his cars. Story time, however, is a completely different experience. Each night all three of us lay down on the floor with some pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals and he focuses entirely on the books.

I hope he grows up and continues to share my love of reading. My mother got me hooked as a small child, and I loved reading through all the stories she had in her study and then sitting down and discussing them with her. I hope to share a similar experience with my own son, but I know that kids usually don't grow up having the same interests as their parents.
    I was hooked by my mother also. She was a long time member of the Book of the Month Club, which I also joined (when I had my own money to spend). I was a member for over 20 years. Now I have a Nook, so I download most of what I read. But every now and then, I like to feel a book so I'll buy one.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    I have a Kindle Fire but don't use it as much as I had originally thought I would. It's an older one and quite heavy...I guess my fingers just prefer the feel of a good ole paperback.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    That's why I never got one...I love to read, BOOKS: not computers with books on them. Though I was very tempted-but I know how I am reading stuff for college (when I was in college). When it was a book I had no problems reading. The couple online classes I had-just hated reading the text online on a computer-would have to print it out and that was a huge waste of paper; even if I recycled it when I was done.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Anyone still swing by a library nowadays? We got there once a month and I just LOVE the smell of all that paper when we first walk in.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Haven't been to a library since my son was in elementary school. And he's 29 now.

I do like the ease of the Nook, especially for when I'm not home in my easy chair. Especially when I'm into a 1,000+ pages book.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the new salties - Slaphppy7   Have a clownfish! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   A bit of good luck to get you through Irma. - Taurus   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    I do like the ease of the Nook, especially for when I'm not home in my easy chair. Especially when I'm into a 1,000+ pages book.
    I also have a nook... I enjoy it a lot, have read 100's of books on it