· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You really need a fish in your AC tank! - Northernguy   For your wife. - little hawaii   

Default Possible new betta for Father's Day?

0 Not allowed!
    Today my oldest daughter and myself had Daddy date night at Petco and
    Petsmart while my youngest was away at Church camp. There were three bettas that I really liked, #1 was a Rose Peddle red,white and blue mixture male which was purely gorgeous 19.99 ouch, #2 a red double tail which looked as if he had some crown tail in his fins for 6.99 another outstanding handsome betta, #3 a pearl dragon scale with gorgeous fins for 10.99. I think my daughter wants to get me the Rose Peddle male, and if she does I will probably go and buy the other two, if not I'll get the red double tail that when he spreads he's very handsome with spike like crown tail points on his fin ends, absolutely gorgeous. I think I am getting the 13 gallon tank setup at Petco that sells for 69.00 and is on sale 50% off. I will put one betta in this, probably the red doubletail, the other probably the Rose Peddle in my 3 gallon wineglass bowl with antique glass gravel that I got at a yard sale 4 to 5 yrs ago. I am going to put a small 3I filter from Walmart and a small heater in the wineglass bowl, I have a top covering fashioned from mesh bought at Walmart to cover the opening so my bettas do not jump out.
    1--29 gallon tank: 1 small angelfish, pygmy cory, and 4 baby albino bristlenose.
    2--55 gallon tank: 1 adult angelfish, 7 black skirt tetras, 5 yo yo loaches, 1 synodontis catfish and 1 spotted raphael.
    3--3 gallon tank with female betta.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   

2 Not allowed!
    This is just my opinion, if it were me, I'd keep the one betta in the 13 gallon and not fool with the 3 gallon bowl. Yeah it's bigger than most but I personally wouldn't put a betta in anything less than a 5 gallon. Since you plan on adding a filter and heater I guess it'll work. Since bettas are naturally curious and do better with things to interact with, I like a standard 5 gallon because I can add a lot of stuff to it, like plants and things. If you go with the bowl, I would suggest adding at least a plant, real or fake to give it something to interact with.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Agreed, anything less than 5 gallons is not suitable for a single betta.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You really need a fish in your AC tank! - Northernguy   For your wife. - little hawaii   

1 Not allowed!
    Went back to Petco today, it was 9:10 they got new bettas out on the floor and I got a double tail male, he was a dark purplish red almost a black color with a dark blue color around the edges like a butterfly color pattern. Probably the best looking male I've seen in my life in person, and to put icing on it he has huge flowing fins that are gorgeous. He is in my 6.6 gallon tank with a zoo med 501 turtle filter as filtration, and a small heater. Have no substrate at present time but unless I find some gravel at a garage sale tomorrow I will either leave the tank bottom empty or use pool filter sand.