· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a bluegill for your daughter! - Slaphppy7   

Default Bluegill aquarium

0 Not allowed!
    I have a question....for every one who didn't see my post about my problem with my angels I'll recap I have 2 tanks a 60 gallon bluegill tank and a 40 gallon angelfish tank with for angels and then my father gave me all of his angels ....15 more....I switched the angels to the 60 and vice versa.....I was able to sell most of the angels now I have 6 back in the 40 nd the bluegill back in the 60 .....my question is this my daughter wants to put another bluegill in the tank cuz the 1st 1 is "lonely" lol.....can I add another bluegill in the tank and have no aggression.....or is 1 enough?.....the bluegill I have now is maybe 2-3 inches

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Do you happen to know the species name of the bluegill, by any chance?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

3 Not allowed!
    Due to the size of an adult bluegill (Lepomis macrochirus) and the aggressiveness, a 60 gallon tank is only good for 1 bluegill for life (tank maybe a tad small). If you decide to add smaller fish, expect it to be eaten or nipped.

Anymore fish would require 100+ gallons of water. Here's a listing of compatible fish (see Large Sunfish Tank section)

http://jonahsaquarium.com/JonahSite/...patibility.htm

A stable community can sometimes be attained by acquiring only one or two individuals of several different species, since this will tend to dissipate intraspecific aggression. Fishes must be nearly the same size to prevent fatalities. Abundant cover is essential. Lower temperatures reduce aggression. When it's hot, they will fight.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    I agree, bluegills get quite large and will be aggressive to most anything else in the tank. That jonah's aquarium is a really good site for North American fish. I'd go with what they say.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    My phone is being stupid and won't let me upload any pictures but heres a link to 1 that looks exactly like mine just bigger http://www.redorbit.com/media/upload...cfc39a4e02.jpg

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    And ok I'll keep just the 1 till I get a bigger tank.....a friend of mine at work wants to trade me her 125 for my 40

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by thehowlander View Post
    And ok I'll keep just the 1 till I get a bigger tank.....a friend of mine at work wants to trade me her 125 for my 40
    Well, that certainly sounds like a good trade. haha
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    No kiddin'...I'd jump on that trade!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I'm an idiot lol my avatar is my bluegill lol

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    No kiddin'...I'd jump on that trade!
    I did as soon as she asked we just hafta work out a time we can do it ....she works during the day I do overnights