· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To the new angel's health. - Slaphppy7   

Default New flame Angel won't eat

0 Not allowed!
    I have had him for about 48 hours now. He just came into the store and was in the bag in the store when I got him. I thought he might not be eating since he is so new but I bought a threadfin butterfly last night and he already was eating this morning. I have tried flakes, pellets, mysis and brine shrimp. Mysis and Brine shrimp are both recommended for them and he won't eat either one. He knows it's there as I will watch him swim right past it. I know they also like algae but I haven't even seem him nipping at the algae on my rocks.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To the new angel's health. - Slaphppy7   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's one for the weekend ;-) - steeler58   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    It might just be it is trying to get over the stress of shipping. It is stressful to be shipped all over in a little bag. And then moved again. Which is why i wait before buying new arrivals to lfs. And if i really wanted it i would ask lfs to hold fish for a week, before buying.

One thing to try is soak pellets tank water with garlic powder and see if that peaks interest in food.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    It can take time for fish to overcome the stress of being shipped to the store and then right into your tank afterwards. it is not uncommon for new fish to take a few days before they start to eat again.

Just watch him carefully for signs of any type of sickness over the next two days and try feeding again on the third day.

You can also try a little bit of algae on a veggie clip as well.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - gadget228   Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    As Cliff said, the stress of shipping sometimes causes this issue. Try some bloodworms or other live food to trigger the feeding response in the meantime.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff Boo train boo train boo train boo train woohoo

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cm12setx View Post
    One thing to try is soak pellets tank water with garlic powder and see if that peaks interest in food.
    I would not suggest using garlic for marine fish long term. If you give it a try, stop using it once they start he starts easting. Excessive use of garlic is hard on there internal organs.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    All good advice above. Give it time, I'm sure he'll come around and begin eating normally.

I believe it was our member fishmommie here who had an angel that didn't eat for WEEKS at one point, and eventually everything worked out fine.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's one for the weekend ;-) - steeler58   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas &amp; Happy New Year! - Plecos   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    I would not suggest using garlic for marine fish long term. If you give it a try, stop using it once they start he starts easting. Excessive use of garlic is hard on there internal organs.
    Thank you cliff. Is that just marine only or all fish in regards to being hard on organs?
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Marine only I believe

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    I did not know that, learned something new today.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast