· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Almost done with cycle! - BluewaterBoof   Congrats on the cycle! - Slaphppy7   congrats on your new plants - Silbar   

Question Juvenile Angelfish Died Suddenly!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Ok so I bought three fish on 5/21/15 I bought a dwarf gourami, a peppered cory cat and a silver angelfish from my LFS its a big box store were I've bought all my other fish and they have all done fairly well. I did my weekly WC on 5/23/15 and did the same routine I have done since the beginning. I drained approx. 25-30% of the water dosed the entire tank with a dose of SEA-CHEM prime and I did a dose of API Stress Zyme since it was the new fishes first WC, it seems to help. Everything was great this week I tested the water on Wednesday and it all looked good. Saturday came time for another WC, I always test the water before I do a water change and the parameter were on par. Wake up Sunday everyone is swimming to the top to get fed but I don't see the angel, so I watch for a minute and nothing, I have a decoration that has an air stone in it to both aerate the water and give a cool visual affect and I notice the air coming out weird so I investigate and find my angelfish it there dead. No discoloration, no white spots, no indicators that it was sick. I have heard that they are very fragile as small juveniles but it seemed to be doing great and just up and died. I don't know if you guys have any idea what might have went wrong. I do plan to get more, what should I look for and stay away from when buying angels?

Tank parameters the day I did my WC

Ammonia 0ppm
    Nitrites 0ppm
    Nitrates 10-20ppm they're to close for me to tell I always write down 20
    pH 7.6 like it has been since the day I started.

I did post this in another spot.
    Thanks in advance!!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   

1 Not allowed!
    Wow...what's up with the forum......deva ju!

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=121398

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Almost done with cycle! - BluewaterBoof   Congrats on the cycle! - Slaphppy7   congrats on your new plants - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    I didn't know if it was in the right spot or not and do not know how to delete threads

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter1804 View Post
    I didn't know if it was in the right spot or not and do not know how to delete threads
    Generally, quite a bit of folks will click on the New Post button, so it kinda doesn't really matter if you end up in the wrong spot, unless it is really off. But even then, the mods will move it if this ended up in the Chatterbox, for instance.

I would PM a mod like Aeonflame or Cliff (I see Cliff on more often), and see if he can delete this one, and move your older one to the right area so that you don't lose any information already provided.
    Last edited by Rocksor; 06-04-2015 at 12:50 PM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok thanks man