· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    You did a wonderful job with them, I am glad that they will be moving to such a great new home. you will like the moors-they are sweethearts. I had 3 of them and each one was sweet, and gentle with tank mates. I had a couple ryukin and for some reason they tend to be a bit mean and pushy, at least the ones I had were.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Fancy goldfish are great :D - Xavier   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    You did a wonderful job with them, I am glad that they will be moving to such a great new home. you will like the moors-they are sweethearts. I had 3 of them and each one was sweet, and gentle with tank mates. I had a couple ryukin and for some reason they tend to be a bit mean and pushy, at least the ones I had were.
    thankyou :)

I am going to try for a blackmoor and a pandamoor. There aren't a lot of stockists around here but I'll see what the local shops have in. The comets are leaving on 14th of this month so I'll update what I end up getting.

Thanks again for the advice.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Oh that will be stunning combo. Hope you can find the panda.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for the patience - Lady Hobbs   and a mate - Lady Hobbs   Seems fitting that you should recive the first one - William   I love Goldfish! - Xavier   something for the fish to snack on - korith   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Xavier   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by deadmansfinger View Post
    thankyou :)

I am going to try for a blackmoor and a pandamoor. There aren't a lot of stockists around here but I'll see what the local shops have in. The comets are leaving on 14th of this month so I'll update what I end up getting.

Thanks again for the advice.
    I find that it is better to find a breeder and get/order from them. More expensive, since you almost always need shipping, but worth it in the long run.
    I groom ranchus. That is all.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Judging by the last time you looked at this thread, you've probably already set up your fancies tank? I have a fancies tank of my own, they are still very young, so I have them in a 30 gallon (114 L) tank for now until I find a decent 55+ gallon set up. I have 3 in there now, none over 2 inches (5 cm) long. I have 2 fantails, but one I'm starting to believe is a young oranda because he appears to be starting to grow a wen (his name's Marvin), and the other is a calico named Moe. My third is a bit bigger than the other two, I got him from a different place. He's a Ryunkin named Moose. I was warned at the pet shop upon his purchase that he would probably be aggressive towards my other 2 because he's bigger than them, and also a more fancy breed. However, after closely observing him for 24 hours, and keeping a good eye on them for another week. It's been over a month now; I've found that Moose follows Marvin and Moe around like a lost puppy, and is ginger eating around them. So after reading Xavier's post, I guess I just got lucky with the personalities. I love the variety (:
    Well best of luck with your fancy tank!
    Last edited by alisonbickers; 08-13-2015 at 06:53 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    alisionbickers, thanks for your response, I am actually a long way from putting this tank together. Love the gang; Moe, Marvin and Moose...great names. I would like fantails because I like the shape the best. for some reason I never especially liked wens or the exaggerated bellies and humps on some of the other types of goldfish. Who knows though-when you see a fish you like you just get him/her.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    alisionbickers, thanks for your response, I am actually a long way from putting this tank together. Love the gang; Moe, Marvin and Moose...great names. I would like fantails because I like the shape the best. for some reason I never especially liked wens or the exaggerated bellies and humps on some of the other types of goldfish. Who knows though-when you see a fish you like you just get him/her.
    I bought Marvin thinking he was a fantail, so plump and round, but what do you do when you've already grown to like the personality, but he's gonna grow a weird head? Haha but I agree with you. Ryunkins grew on me, though, and the wens are starting to. I just didn't want the hassle of the extra maintenance that goes in with goldfish with wens (hole in the head, and ich, which has been my problem with Marvin, is they easily hunker down in his wen... ugh, annoying). Whatever fish you do choose are bound to be adorable!

Oh! And if I can give a tip, feeding the fantails peas once a week keeps them from getting stopped up. I've had problems with that in the past, so now mine eat peas a lot.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Oh! And if I can give a tip, feeding the fantails peas once a week keeps them from getting stopped up. I've had problems with that in the past, so now mine eat peas a lot.
    Thank you for the tip, peas help all fish, my tropical fish get them every week or two. The bettas got them too...funny how fish love them.

I just didn't want the hassle of the extra maintenance that goes in with goldfish with wens (hole in the head, and ich, which has been my problem with Marvin, is they easily hunker down in his wen... ugh, annoying).
    That is why I don't want a fish with wen-they tend to be susceptible to issues like that. Love the pearlscales, but the swimbladder issues must be non-stop with their round till you pop-boddies.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore