· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep, I hope all is well with you ;-) - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   

2 Not allowed!
    Slap, one of the holes on the spray bar was a bit clogged and increased the pressure of the water in one of the streams. I cleaned the offending hole right after this happened and the water was back to normal. Here is a picture I posted back when it happened:

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua....php?p=1303413

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Oh yeah, now I remember...AND, your spraybar is mounted to where the output is front to back, so not alot of room for error, lol
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep, I hope all is well with you ;-) - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Yep....I now make sure I keep the spray holes clean

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the AC - Slaphppy7   For being a good sport ;-) - steeler58   This one's on me... - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    The most embarrassing thing for me, in the aquarium world was a very poor stocking choice I made as a kid. I was 8-10 at the time, and my parents let me have a 10 GAL regular aquarium in my bedroom.

It was massively overstocked (I had 4-5 neons, two swordtails, an angel fish, at least 1 cory cat) and then 2 blue gouramis (both male). Both survived until we eventually got rid of the aquarium, but one of them was clearly abused throughout their tenure, and, not knowing what was going on, I enjoyed watching one of them chasing the other around, thinking, in my ten year old mind, that they were playing.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    796.jpg

Discussing messy water changes in Butterfly's journal got me thinking about some of my oopsie moments that I've had over the years and then I remembered this old thread! I am resurrecting for the entertainment of our members, some of which surely have had some more painful experiences happen over the past three years.

Reminder: Playful banter is ok, but let's keep it friendly, folks. We've all made mistakes so there will be no shaming here.

For those who don't follow my journals, here's a video that goes over my latest folly that unfortunately led to some casualties:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

4 Not allowed!
    well this is sort of an oops moment. I had purchased a couple of red Oscars that were about 4" long. at one feeding I had fed them some freeze dried Krill. I walked past the tank about 15 minuted later and seen one of them lying on its side on the bottom. I could see a piece of krill sticking out of its mouth. apparently the krill was too big. I fished him out with the net and tried to get out but could not dislodge it. finally I just gave him a little squeeze on the sides and out pops the krill. kind of like shooting a marsh mellow gun. they heimlich maneuver saved his life.

Lesson. be careful of the size of food you feed certain greedy species of fish. at least I did not have to give him mouth to mouth.
    Brian

I wish I had a Fish Wish Dish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    I just started feeding krill a while back and yes, those chunks are pretty meaty if you aren't careful!

The visual of someone squeezing a fish to pop out food that is stuck is pretty comical. I'm sure it was a very stressful moment, but one that seems like you can giggle about in retrospect :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Ahhhh that suuuucks André :( Did you have to re-silicone everything?
    @bpete I also had an angelfish gulp the whole wad of white worms. They were gone, it was too late four me to do anything! He bloated up badly the next day, and had to be kept in QT four 3 months before he was back to normal with initial fasting for a week and veggie foods.

I've definitely had a lot of moments, even more in the last 3 years with parasites!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Yup. Tearing down the sump and refugium was a pain, especially since it was all unplanned and spur of the moment. Essentially ran to the hardware store to grab the new silicone and then the rest of the evening was devoted to bringing the sump offline and then working on cleaning it out and removing the bad silicone.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Arrrg, what a disaster!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast