· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

Default I recently obtained some Java Moss for my 20 gallon Tall

0 Not allowed!
    Given that I have had problems with algae/ diatoms in my 20 gallon tall, I took the plunge. One of the associates at Pet Smart mentioned they had an overabundance of Java Moss, and offered to bring me a small bag for free. I accepted the offer and took it home and placed the rock he'd provided, and rubber banded the extra clump he added due to the rock he provided.

I can definitely see strands growing, and i'm sure eventually the thick rubber band (and I had to hunt for said rubber band because i didn't want to use waxed dental floss) will be covered by it.

The other plants in my tank is 1 Amazon Compacta, 3 little bushes of green crypto, and one strip of green crypto which wasn't able to be separated into individual 'bushes' when i took it out of the package. I also have 2 mossballs.

I am hesitant to add a mid ground plant to the back right hand corner of the tank, even though there's space because I don't know how it will look once the moss fills out. Foreground pants will be the cryptos once they fill out and start getting fuller, and they take most of the left side of the tank and right front side of the tank.

Any thoughts? I do have the fluval stainless steel scissors for pruning if it becomes necessary (unless there's a better brand to use when trimming java moss). I also changed the intake on my filter back to the sponge over the intake entry to lessen the chance of the moss clogging the intake when it finally starts spreading out.

Thanks in advance for reading.

3.5 Gallon Tank = Bella Blue Luna (obtained 5/11/19) - I think a blue mustard female halfmoon

RIP - Helios HM BETTA 03/2016 to 12/31/17

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Pics of the tank would help
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

Default Requested Picture

2 Not allowed!
    Here you go Slap as you requested.

I'm still getting some strands of bba (they look like java moss strands but are shorter thinner and greyish brown) mixed with diatoms on one of my crypto bunches and slight diatoms on the rest of the plants as they were recently added.

3.5 Gallon Tank = Bella Blue Luna (obtained 5/11/19) - I think a blue mustard female halfmoon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    What is that black thing, back right corner?

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    What is that black thing, back right corner?
    My cobalt heater. I use a veggie clip to hold it because the heater's own suction cups are a pain.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I think I'd plant something in front of it to "camoflauge" it...tall plant, maybe an Amazon?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I think I'd plant something in front of it to "camoflauge" it...tall plant, maybe an Amazon?
    another amazon compacta or an actual amazon which grows to over twenty inches tall and would need me to trim it occasionally. Also is that a good placement for the moss rock?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Seriously though which type of amazon would you suggest? Amazon compacta gets to 8 inches or so and normal amaxon gets 20 inches.

Thoughts.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I think it is a very good placement for the moss rock...the BEST thing about that combo is that you can move it as much as you wish very easily, until it's just right!

With back wall plants, I try to use them to hide my equipment the best I can...that way, the focus is more on the tank, plants, and fish...that's why I suggested the plant by the heater

Gah, a few here could tell you about my thermometer placement OCD, too, lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    i'm glad i'm not the only one ocd about where my thermometer lays. just can't decide if i want to try a taller amazon for the back right side or another amazon compacta which wouldn't get tall enough to cover all of the heater.

I know there are other amazon sword plants out there...it's just a hard decision.