· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

Default My cherry shrimp female had babies

0 Not allowed!
    I knew one of my cherry shrimp females in my ten gallon tank had live eggs. Given there are no other animals in the shrimp tank other than 2 assassin snails and 1 nerite snail who loves to escape she finally had the babies.

I know i saw at least 4 - 5 of them crawling around on the driftwood getting their first meal. I also was lucky enough to have done a PWC yesterday with my new aquarium vacuum (i think it was about 20-30%. I am so happy. The shrimp tank is also my cleanest tank these days.

Just thought i'd share. I'm sure there are more babies in and under plants/driftwood but so glad that it happened.

3.5 Gallon Tank = Bella Blue Luna (obtained 5/11/19) - I think a blue mustard female halfmoon

RIP - Helios HM BETTA 03/2016 to 12/31/17

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Congrats. The babies are indeed small and you'll probably start seeing more and more soon. If all goes well, you'll have hundreds in no time, as the babies mature and breed again. Have fun with this.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

1 Not allowed!
    I definitely look forward to it. One day i'll probably have so many in there i won't know what to do with them all.

3.5 Gallon Tank = Bella Blue Luna (obtained 5/11/19) - I think a blue mustard female halfmoon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shidohari View Post
    One day i'll probably have so many in there i won't know what to do with them all.
    I have 2 tanks just like that, lol
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    is it your ten gallon and your 29 gallon you have as your shrimp tanks?

honestly if the population gets that big i may move some back into my 20 gallon tall community tank. they won't be able to breed in that tank due to the actual fish in that tank but cleaning will be much easier as far as substrate cleaning. Though all my fish especially my two honey gouramis do a good job of ground clean up.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    No, my 29G and my 40B. Both full of fish, and both full as shrimp as well. (RCS)

My 10G will soon have blue dream rilli shrimp.

At least, that's what the seller calls them.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    No, my 29G and my 40B. Both full of fish, and both full as shrimp as well. (RCS)

My 10G will soon have blue dream rilli shrimp.

At least, that's what the seller calls them.
    Wow you'll have to post pictures in here sometime for that shrimp. I think i want to expand the shrimp in my ten gallon too, but i don't know what else i could put in there. Some of the varieties may be hard to find and may not be as hearty as the cherries. I have phosguard filter pad by API in both of my tanks since my water carries high silicates apparently. It always works better when i have some kind of silicate treatment in my tanks.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I will surely post pics when I get them.

Careful mixing different shrimp, if they are able to interbreed, you could end up with rather plain-looking hybrids.

If you've a well-established, mature planted tank with detritus, you could consider a bamboo shrimp or two...they're pretty neat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    bamboo shrimp would be more suited to my 20 gallon tall it appears according to my research. I may have to look into that in the future. Thank you for the suggestion.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    You are welcome...I have a few vids of mine buried in my giant thread somewhere, lol

Good job with the research...