· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    She is, I planted a romaine, bib lettuce and 2 strawberry plants and she happily sat on, and destroyed them all.

I put 100 red worms in her dirt and she hunts them down and she begs for food by coming up to the front glass when she sees us. She also goes to the side and stares at the embers and female guppies in the 20L and they stare right back at her. When I mist the tank she now walks up to it like it her personal shower, I haven't seen her this active in forever, since we moved 14 years ago.

She is a hoot!
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Well since I had some time yesterday I put together a little video of Hippie's dinnertime meal, I do this meal about every 3-4 days, she has romaine every other day and a constant supply of the Gourmet box turtle food (dried) to munch on. I also will cut up medium cooked shrimp for her on occasion-she loves that.

For the squeamish-you may not want to watch. She is munching on some super/meal worms and wax worms...very enthusiastically munching on them.

5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Delicious.....
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    She definitely thought so. There is a small population of worms and a few isopods in the dirt-she will go hunting occasionally too.

Can't wait to get her moved to her new home once the basement gets going. I am going to build her a 4'x4' enclosure and hopefully get her a filtered pool feature as well as a misting feature.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    SO Sis threw in some oak leaves to give Hippie a more natural tank. Hippie had no clue what the heck thaey were and went and burried herself in protest since Sunday. Yesterday we got home from work (they had Sis come in on her day off of school to help them with some things) and Sis went looking or Hippie in the little tub she currently calls home. Suddenly I hear her yell "I can't find Hippie, shes is not here!" No Hippie's tub sis about 4' on top of a credenza. She had managed to squeeze her but out between the end that has two plants and fell to the floor and then crawled under the plywood that elevates the cory tub.

So tonight I am getting her a 50 gallon 40"x21"x17" high tub and re do her home this weekend, cause I needed something else on my To Do list

I cannot say how relieved I am that she has a hard head, or can bounce and the cats didn't find her and that she didn't land upside-down, she didn't crack her shell...the list goes on. The reason why turtles go looking for and EXIT is because they don't like their current digs. So she is getting some new ones with TALL walls. So more moving out without my prior approval
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Here is an update on my girl Hippie. The tub I picked up yesterday lied regarding its measurements, the length/width are of the LID. This container is a couple inches shorter in length and width, so I am unsure what we will do other than remove the leaves and make her mesh kraft addition more permanent.

Bonus is that it is bigger than the plastic tub we were going to use for the plants, so it will have a use at least. 40 gallon tub for Diva, and plants.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Such a cool setup. I think we may be trying out some kind of terrarium soon for something like a bearded dragon as my wife and son get a kick out of those but I haven't done any kind of research on them yet.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks boof. Her forever home will be a big (probably) wood/plywood enclosure with glass "windows" . I mentioned at least 4' x 4' enclosure, maybe a 6' x 4' and I am going to try for a filtered water "pond" for her. She like -not loves the sound of running water and the filter will ensure clean water for her. Will have to work on a design for the water part. She is able to stay afloat and even swim unlike tortoises so depth isn't a big issue, not that this will be more than 8-10 inches deep at the deepest section. Accessibility is a bigger one; getting in and out. Of course you need the depth for the filtration, it was my issue the last time I built her a water pond. Filter got too funked with debris and not enough depth to keep the flow going.

I fell in love with this style but will have to modify it a bit for substrate and moisture, not a factor for most tortoises.

Pics courtesy of https://startortoises.net/otherstables.html

jared4.jpg
    jared7.jpg
    Look at those leaves, poor Hippie would have a mini-turtle heart attck, lol.

tortoisetable-plan2.jpg
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore